De Havilland DH=104 Dove : 1/72 Amodel; Jersey Airport Diorama

Just now, SteveMc said:

Missed the start of this one Laurie bur nice progress. Good to see you back on deck.

Cheers

Steve

Actually on the Apron. Ha ha.

Thanks Steve very nice of you. Hope all is well down south.

We have been having warm weather, near heat wave some days, Indian Summer as seems always to happen.

Second eye for cataract Wednesday. Hopefully I will then cast aside magnifiers except for extreme reasons.

Gee not realised how bad the second eye is until the right had the magic applied.

Jersey B of B air display on Thursday last. 2.5 hours all near our flat. B17, Dakota Catalina Typoon Spitfire many others plus Red Arrows.

Laurie

• Like 1

This is coming along very nicely. 

The Dove has always been one of my favourite aeroplanes. I've always thought that it was a very pretty looking aeroplane and every inch a de Havilland. 

I wish you well with the rest of your eye treatment. 

Chris. 

Edited by cngaero
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheyJammedKenny! said:

Wishing you a quick recovery!  It'll be great to have two functioning eyes again.  Best, Alex

Thanks Alex. Could not come sooner. With just one eye now working well I am hardly having to resort to magnifiers.

Covid free test yesterday so second eye tomorrow, Hard luck though having to pay for it all. Two year wait otherwise.

Laurie

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cngaero said:

This is coming along very nicely. 

The Dove has always been one of my favourite aeroplanes. I've always thought that it was a very pretty looking aeroplane and every inch a de Havilland. 

I wish you well with the rest of your eye treatment. 

Chris. 

Thanks Chris. Yes de Havilland had that way of producing aircraft perfect for their use but also attractive in looks

Laurie

• Like 1