Linocln Dietrich 1928

Hi Guys, next 1/16 scale project. This is as of today. This time I follow pictures found in the net, clear, fully restored, no dirt and rust ;) Chassis seems the biggest challenge. Every piece is separated... how to get this assembled together? Following manual, all parts have to be fitted one by one, painted and polished. But how to get precise dimensions, how to keep distances and angles? If you have any tips for this, I highly appreciate... 😉 any experience shared will be valuable...

emIvU8P.jpg

jz020VC.jpg

HFEb6Vj.jpg

CVRebRS.jpg

lSIHO69.jpg

sLQeZkH.jpg

and the chassis...

kPfLrS5.jpg

xLnLGBl.jpg

best regards, tbc...

• Like 4

Nice project, is that the Entex kit ?

To keep distances and angles, you can make a jig to hold the parts in place and get the construction straight and square. 

Most parts will require sanding and polishing. Look at your photos, there are some parts that could use a couple of swipes with some sandpaper or a sanding block.

Best of luck with this project.

Sincerely 

Pascal

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys, an update. I have started assembling interior panels, seat. Seats and door interior panels covered with leather like sheets, floor with velvet.

BNTRhm2.jpg

A dashboard painted into wood lke

Vru1F1q.jpg

I have made a front floor from the scratch as the original was ugly

5byNkaI.jpg

Exterior panels painted and polished, external cooler part chromed with chrome powder

iYiiboL.jpg

I started assembling with floor, spare seats and rear seat

t0jZ0y9.jpg

Up3nEmb.jpg

E3MEmDC.jpg

But it iwas just impossible to fit side and rear external panels. So I removed back seat, had to grind off a back seat to make more space for panels. Than I glued side with back panel, than added backseat, and all together put on the model. Finally it fits well ;)

gRCuRGM.jpg

bAafpCJ.jpg

2e2eJ6E.jpg

It was a challange and next ones still ahead of me, fingers corssed please...

Regards and tbc ;)

• Like 6