Handley Page Dart Herald : Maquette 1/72 : Jersey Airport Diorama

No body should go thro such agony "A Maquette" a beast. But needed as it was for Jersey Airport 1950/60

the airliner most seen..

I could of done quite a bit more but really should have gone in the bin. I stretched my patience to the limit.

Just one of the limits.

http://uGlU0n.jpg

And so it is finished.

http://HTc8uR.jpg

http://Xs77mx.jpg 2690z1.jpg zi9T45.jpg FXcj6O.jpg WRcoaT.jpg sXju1T.jpg fp6WEw.jpg arv1ic.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, LaurieS said:

really should have gone in the bin

Hope you are pleased that it didn't as the added details make it a great addition to this impressive diorama.

For some reason in our area cataract procedures seem to be being fast-tracked as I know three people who have had one (or two) in the last couple of months and all of them say it has transformed their lives for the better. So I hope yours progresses soon and allows more great models.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul821 said:

Hope you are pleased that it didn't as the added details make it a great addition to this impressive diorama.

For some reason in our area cataract procedures seem to be being fast-tracked as I know three people who have had one (or two) in the last couple of months and all of them say it has transformed their lives for the better. So I hope yours progresses soon and allows more great models.

Thanks Paul. Hopefully mid September both eyes will be rejuvenated.

Laurie

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I think I remember Jersey Airport back then. 1960?

Very nice display. Thanks for the nostalgia.

Very welcome Bertie. Another 3 kits to go. some will be suspended just run out of space.

Laurie

37 minutes ago, Spitfire31 said:

Wow – Jersey Airport looks like a busy place! Fabulous diorama.

And you seem to have tamed the Herald to excellent effect!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Hi Joachim Thank you very much. Tamed mmm. Think we came to friendly conclusion no one wins 😁

Laurie

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Looks very nice indeed 

Chris

Thanks Chris very nice of you to comment.

40 minutes ago, Rodders154 said:

Wow a real silk purse out of a sows ear.

Rodders

Ha ha Rodders. I would use a little more of a rogue description.

Thanks for your comments very nice.

Thanks both Laurie

• Like 1

That brings back memories! I used to work airside for British Midland at Jersey Airport in the early 70s. Lots of Viscounts, Heralds, F.27s, HS.748s. Oh the whine of those RR Darts!

Great collection Laurie!

• Like 1

Just now, Sergei said:

That brings back memories! I used to work airside for British Midland at Jersey Airport in the early 70s. Lots of Viscounts, Heralds, F.27s, HS.748s. Oh the whine of those RR Darts!

Great collection Laurie!

Thanks Sergei very nice of you.

Yes the noise of the RR engines. Yow the Jersey apron was noisy in those days.

Laurie

6 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

There ya go Laurie, now I have something to aspire to. 2 falls and a submission eh?

Thanks. Well near got a little more serious.

5 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Excellent work on the Herald Laurie a difficult kit to say the least.  I have followed your work on this diorama for a while now and very impressive it looks too.  Looks to be getting busy as Heathrow now.

Colin

Thanks Colin very nice of you to comment. You are not hinting that i produce Heathrow 🤣

3 hours ago, dnl42 said:

Wow! That is truly exceptional. An amazing amount of activity is presented. Especially from an era where flying was more relaxed. 

Bravo! :worthy:

Thanks for that much appreciated.

Thanks al much appreciated.

Laurie

Hi Laurie, dn142 points out the scene is of a time when things were more relaxed- I would say more civilised and less impersonal as well.  People walking to and from the aeroplanes was also common at Marshalls of Cambridge in days gone by and is still common practice over here today in NZ even in Wellington,

Colin 

Just now, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Hi Laurie, dn142 points out the scene is of a time when things were more relaxed- I would say more civilised and less impersonal as well.  People walking to and from the aeroplanes was also common at Marshalls of Cambridge in days gone by and is still common practice over here today in NZ even in Wellington,

Colin 

Yes Colin it was very relaxed. You strolled out to the aircraft. No fences on the airfield at all. You could walk across the runway.

There was also at first floor a balcony where you could go at any time & watch the traffic in & out. Shout good bye as friends

family boarded the aircraft. And to greet those arriving. It was a very friendly place.

Pilots & crew walked through the arrivals & departure lounges on their way to the aircraft.

Just before boarding a couple of cleaners would leave the aircraft with all their paraphernalia.

Laurie

You’ve done it again Laurie. Made a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. The Herald looks great and that airport apron is looking busy.

The Herald was the first plane I flew in. Late 1970, Southampton to Belfast via Exeter to visit grandparents just before we left the UK for Oz.

Hopefully something a bit easier for the next build.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SteveMc said:

You’ve done it again Laurie. Made a silk purse out of a sow’s ear. The Herald looks great and that airport apron is looking busy.

The Herald was the first plane I flew in. Late 1970, Southampton to Belfast via Exeter to visit grandparents just before we left the UK for Oz.

Hopefully something a bit easier for the next build.

Thanks Steve very nice comments & appreciated. Pity that the raised panel lines got lost I had thought of removing & replacing with recessed. But there we are.

Yes next a little De Havilland Dove to go with the larger sister a Heron. Looks good & recessed panel lines.

Laurie

That looks really good, especially considering it looks to be a real pig of a kit. There is some spot on modelling going on there. 

3 minutes ago, Mr T said:

That looks really good, especially considering it looks to be a real pig of a kit. There is some spot on modelling going on there. 

Thanks Mr T very much appreciated. A little Dove now hopefully back to reality 😉

Laurie

• Like 1