Heller 1/24 Ferguson tractor

Hi all, I haven't posted in a long long time, been doing a lot of work in our new garden lately. It took a good bit of effort to make something nice of it, but I finished most of the work last Saturday. I figured I would just have the time to make the Unarmed GB deadline which was yesterday. The little Fergie was started for that GB but it was neglected for over 2 months, while still in basic paint. But I really did want to finish it. I rushed it a little because of that but it was now or never and luckily I'm quite happy with the result. I know @Creepy Pete posted a really nice one last week, so it's in good company. I wanted to model mine after a similar Steyr tractor I drove 30 years ago while working on a farm, living there for 2 months. I had a great time and have fond memories of my stay there. 

I have one photo of the Steyr, and as this was before mobile phones with camera this one was scanned from an album. 

20210414064017-c8937790-me.jpg

The Steyr was a little newer than the Fergie but similar enough for my purposes. I remember it being very greasy and dirty, especially around the engine which is the look I have tried to emulate. The red bodywork was in better condition, it got painted every now and then. I had a blast driving this thing, except when it rained obviously. 

So here it is. Paints are Tamiya and Vallejo, weathered with oils and Vallejo washes and pigments. The WIP is here: 

It's a really nice kit to build, certainly recommended. Little flash, if any, good fit except for an issue with the front suspension. One of Heller's better kits. 

20210809092536-86ccdbd2-me.jpg

20210809092533-b8c601e6-me.jpg

Sadly, the front left wheel does not touch base. 

20210809092535-e8221a79-me.jpg

20210809092534-a4fdbab5-me.jpg

20210809092535-aa1b88d6-me.jpg

20210809092537-6f9fe4b5-me.jpg

20210809092538-4491d512-me.jpg

A little bit of wiring was added to the engine. 

20210809092537-5c7955a0-me.jpg

20210809092541-d789d790-me.jpg

20210809092540-538d99ad-me.jpg

20210809092539-0a442f2f-me.jpg

Thanks for watching. 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

What a fantastic end result you've produced Jeroen looks like a 1:1 tractor to me. The paintwork, weathering etc are spot on and the photo backdrop makes it look like it's sitting either inside/outside of a farm building. I'm not a model tractor fan but I can recognise excellent modelling when I see it.....and this build is superb 👌....well done mate 👍 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Andy J said:

What a fantastic end result you've produced Jeroen looks like a 1:1 tractor to me. The paintwork, weathering etc are spot on and the photo backdrop makes it look like it's sitting either inside/outside of a farm building. I'm not a model tractor fan but I can recognise excellent modelling when I see it.....and this build is superb 👌....well done mate 👍 

Thanks Andy! I haven't been following the forums very actively lately (shame on me) but I did notice a good heap of kits making their way towards you 🙂 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JeroenS said:

Thanks Andy! I haven't been following the forums very actively lately (shame on me) but I did notice a good heap of kits making their way towards you 🙂 

Guilty as charged mate but I'm not buying anymore now I'm to busy building a new workshop area i simply didn't have enough room before so I'm building from the ground up. This means no modelling for a while but it will pay off in the long run. Right time to carry on building internal walls....it's quite exciting actually 🙂😉👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Guilty as charged mate but I'm not buying anymore now I'm to busy building a new workshop area i simply didn't have enough room before so I'm building from the ground up. This means no modelling for a while but it will pay off in the long run. Right time to carry on building internal walls....it's quite exciting actually 🙂😉👍

I do like a bit of 1:1 modelling myself. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Hi Jeroen,

beautiful and grimy, just as it should be.

Outstanding build and superlative weathering. I can smell the leaking oil and the spilled diesel.

Congrats.

JR

• Thanks 1

Good to see you back at the bench, although it is the season (if not the weather at the moment) to be outside. Another great result too - a bit of a change to see one not in grey as well.

• Thanks 1

That is absolutely stunning my friend 

The weathering is excellent 😁

I've seen one of these built up at a show and they are quite tiny even in 1/24 but you have made it look like a 1/1 scale 😁

• Thanks 1

Fantastic modelling! The dirt and scratches look extremely real. Wonderful!

(I'd just flatten the tyres a bit - if I may say) 😇

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...