Alclad question

Monty Python

My advice would be to try it out on a scrap model or piece of plastic. My first thoughts were that if you sealed the Mr Color lacquer with an acrylic clear coat like Alclad's Aqua Gloss or a coat of Klear floor polish you should be ok as it will create a barrier between the layers of lacquer but test it out on a paint mule first.

Duncan B

On 8/10/2021 at 7:29 AM, Duncan B said:

My advice would be to try it out on a scrap model or piece of plastic. My first thoughts were that if you sealed the Mr Color lacquer with an acrylic clear coat like Alclad's Aqua Gloss or a coat of Klear floor polish you should be ok as it will create a barrier between the layers of lacquer but test it out on a paint mule first.

Duncan B

Tried it on scrap with no barrier between the lacquer and Alclad lacquer with no adverse reaction. Went ahead on the kit and again went down well.

• Like 1

I don't want to be a doom-monger here, but I have read one or two stories about different types of paint reacting against each other MONTHS after their application. I am really hoping that is not the case here, but I'm just saying it can happen. If you want to read more, go to Large Scale Planes and search a user name of "Stokey Pete" and then look for "Greek F-16 Zeus Display scheme".

Cheers, 

Chris. 

• Like 1