Vincent from Aden - 1/72 Azur/Frrom

Thank you! Heading into the last turn before the home straight.

Quite a busy quarter in the undercarriage area.

20220116-DSC-0616.jpg

Edited by Patrik
  • Like 11

Two posts a day are not usual for me, but I think I need to share my weekend's work. Including the lesson "how to make K4134 from K4164 in 5 easy cuts".

The more observant of you may have noticed only one exhaust pipe. The reason is that yesterday I managed a) breaking the other one, b) f...ing up the fix. Fortunately, I still have two boxes of Spanish Vildebeests, which contain said pipes, not needed for the Spanish version. So now it is one pipe from the start again.

20220116-DSC-0631.jpg

• Like 10

Thank you all!

Exhaust pipes. In the end the solution for the problem of symmetry (posted on December 26th) was rather easy. The pipes had been slightly shorter than needed, so they were extended and then it was my turn to ensure that the outlets point to the right direction on both fuselage sides.

20220122-DSC-0648.jpg

And yes, these two parts should definitely be used the other way round, I am sure about it now.

exhaust-pipes.jpg

Well, and I am almost ready for the RFI, after a few final touches. Let us hope for nice outdoor photography weather next weekend.

20220122-DSC-0649.jpg 

Edited by Patrik
  • Like 6

On 11/21/2021 at 8:21 PM, Sandeha Lynch said:

It's looking grand, but just curious; have you ever found a period pic of a Vincent with the bombs mounted, ready to go? I don't think I've come across any at all.

On 11/21/2021 at 8:28 PM, Patrik said:

To be honest, not a single one. Though most of the Vincent photos show the bomb racks present.

Correction. Yesterday, as I was tidying up after completing the build, I decided to scan my Vildebeest/Vincent magazine articles before putting them back in the paper archive. And surprise, surprise, look what I found in Aeroplane Monthly from May 1979.

bombs.jpg

• Like 4