RCAF LANCASTER Mk.10MP, 1958.

Here's my entry over on the 'Unarmed' GB, just made it into the gallery as I nearly abandoned it.

I made a right mess of filling in the side windows, made a mess of re-scribing the panel lines that were lost and gave up on that!

The decals broke up with little handling, especially the walkway lines, the fuselage band broke up as well so I painted it, making it slightly too long. I forgot to add the Aluminium letters that provide the outlines to the figures in the fuselage band!

The White on the roundels is a bit translucent so the Red/Orange underneath shows a bit, something I should have foreseen!

Nearly on completion I discovered the demarcation from the Aluminium to the main wing Red/Orange panels is slightly different on each wing:banghead:!

Overall though, I'm pleased I finished her and as long as you don't zoom in on the thing it looks Ok in the photo's!

OOB with Pavla resin intakes and CMR wheels.

AK Extreme Metal Aluminium with Vallejo ModelAir for the rest. Hasegawa didn't supply the mast toward the rear of the fuselage shown in photo's of this aircraft but the kit supplied everything else, I lost the small resin fairing on top of the canopy but fashioned one from sprue. There is no mention of filling in the side windows though, and the metal covering for the turret is in the wrong place for this Canadian built machine which would have had a Martin(?) turret further towards the front.

I sprayed random patches of Satin varnish over the Gloss finish to create a bit of variation.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Davey.

DSC_0006 DSC_0007 DSC_0008 DSC_0014 DSC_0015 DSC_0016

• Like 44
  • Thanks 1

Excellent Lanc - none of your dramas come across in the photos.

You should indeed be very pleased with it - especially in that post-war livery (so I assume).

:clap::clap:

• Thanks 1