Can the appearance of tyre transfers be improved?

Ade H

Can the appearance of wet tyre transfers be improved with anything such as decal setter, decal solvent, or matte varnish?

I would normally run some tests, but I have no unwanted tyres and decals.

13 minutes ago, Ade H said:

Can the appearance of wet tyre transfers be improved with anything such as decal setter, decal solvent, or matte varnish?

I would normally run some tests, but I have no unwanted tyres and decals.

Yes - start by trimming them close to remove film and apply normally. General usage and race wear can be added several ways, Here the sidewall is gently scuffed with scuff pad first. Logo applied. Seldom are tires bright white so I lightly pick at the edges with toothpick for scuffs, hand paint thin acrylic craft paint to get them slightly tan/light brown from brake and track dust and here I used Testors Dullcote in light mist to make all uniform.

55-Medium.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I wouldn't want a worn look and, in some cases, they are multicoloured.

I was just wondering whether the carrier film can be helped along in a way which may get rid of that "sticker" look which these things seem to have.

I tend to wet the area where the decal is going with Klear/Pledge/Mr Gauzy (thin milky acrylic gloss coat), apply the decal  and seal it in with a bit more, and when it’s thoroughly dry, over coat the shiny patch and decal with Galleria Matt coat…

best,

M.

• Thanks 1