Airfix O2 Skymaster 1/72nd scale, Fuerza Aérea Salvadoreña (FAS). Finished

Mr T

I didn't get much done yesterday as still felt kna....... er, very tired. I printed the decal sheet off with a view to using it today. Well today came and
I felt better. So I managed to put the backing decals on for the fin flash and roundels, I thought I would do a couple of the other decals like the serials. Put the first one and realised that in my slightly befuddled state yesterday I printed on to white, not clear paper. Printed a new batch and hopefully all will be well.

Here are a couple of pics of the O2 in its basic colour scheme and a pic of the decals. The RAF serials belong to  a Phantom for another Group build.

51578022225_1bee49132a_c_d.jpg

51576294122_86347a1064_c_d.jpg

51577785679_64f6c9c9b2_c_d.jpg

Most of the other bits, like wheels etc, are painted up and just the exhaust pipes need cutting from brass tube. I feel that this kit is actually going somewhere now.

• Like 7

This will be the last entry in the WIP for the O2. As the photo shows, the decals are on. They didn't cause much problem, but I may have been a bit generous with the varnish is they are a bit thick.

51609960752_f2e3e5e5fb_c_d.jpg

Since the photo was taken, the props, wheels and exhausts have been added. The nose was rebuilt as the original was weak and wonky. The exhaust are 1 mm brass tube cut and pushed into pre-drilled holes and the props are from the kit and sanded down to a thinner profile. The aerial fit seems to be two whip antennae on the cabin roof that I have reproduced with jewellers wire. The model has been varnished and when that has dried for 24 hours the masking will come off and nav lights etc added. The windows in the cabin roof will probably get a layer of Glue and Glaze to make them a bit more flush. It won't be any worse than the kit transparencies.

• Like 7

The O2 is now finished and going into the gallery. I am reasonably pleased with it, except for the transparencies, which have been a pain.

• Like 1

• Mr T changed the title to Airfix O2 Skymaster 1/72nd scale, Fuerza Aérea Salvadoreña (FAS). Finished