Old white metal kits help please.

Bbdave

I have some of my late fathers figure kits is there anyone that could value them for me please? They are not my thing knights etc. I don't think dad ever built a figure he just bought kits.

2021-08-08_01-42-40

Dave

If all goes to plan I'll be at the first North Surrey club night in ages, next Monday (16 August).  There's at least three people there who might know.  If you send me a PM with the details - subject, material, scale, manufacturer - I can pass them on and hopefully get you a response early next week.

• Thanks 1

If I owned them and wanted to sell, I would put them on E-Bay, starting at £25 each in the auction format and see how things went. If they are very rare, you could be pleasantly surprised at what they go for. One good tip here.... use the "timed start" function and have them finish on a Sunday evening (it's reckoned that most people surf the 'Bay on a Sunday night). 

Hope this helps. 

Chris.  

On 11/08/2021 at 17:31, spruecutter96 said:

If I owned them and wanted to sell, I would put them on E-Bay, starting at £25 each in the auction format and see how things went. If they are very rare, you could be pleasantly surprised at what they go for. One good tip here.... use the "timed start" function and have them finish on a Sunday evening (it's reckoned that most people surf the 'Bay on a Sunday night). 

Hope this helps. 

Chris.  

Hi thanks I tend not to sell on ebay now their charges seem to have gone crazy.

Dave

On 8/13/2021 at 6:55 AM, Bbdave said:

ebay now their charges seem to have gone crazy.

I know exactly what you mean. The various social-media sites' selling forums are looking more-and-more attractive these days. It's a real shame that E-Bay have got so darned greedy and regulation-fixated these days. It used to be an amazing resource to sell stuff on - now, it's often more hassle than it's really worth.

Good luck in selling the figures. 

Chris.  

• Like 1

Afternoon Dave @Bbdave, this one is a little left field! Depending where in Devon you are, you could make contact with British Model Soldier Society.

Remembering, of course, you'd be selling to individuals rather than the club as a whole.

If your in the East or North of the County I would suggest the Bristol branch:- For details contact the Area Representative on 01257 851980 or see the Branch website at: www.bmssbristol.org.uk

If your more Central / South or West I would suggest the Devon branch:- Plymouth Scout Centre, Blindmans Wood, Manadon, Plymouth PL3 5TB. First Friday of each month. For details contact the Area Representative on 01752 556811.

Seem to remember, in discussion with a member? at the Plymouth show a couple of years ago, a figure modelling club in Exeter but the name and venue are lost in sleep I'm afraid.

Hope this is of some use?

Paul, Chief Cat herder North Riding.

• Thanks 1