RWD-8 pws Polish training plane

Greg Law

5 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Latest report on this build. I have broken up the wing so I can see if I can get a better alignment. 

Probably the right thing to do, if you weren't happy with how it was.  Good luck with 'take two'.

Just letting you know this plane hasn't met the bottom of the bin yet. After pulling the wing off I have shortened one  side of the center struts. Now it looks better aligned with the fuselage. 

I'm still battling the broken main strut and doubt I will get a good join on it. I have a feeling I made a mistake by shorten the attachment of the main strut to the fuselage. I think it should have been installed so the struts didn't sit on the fuselage directly. 

• Like 2

Thanks Adrian, 

Now I have given it it's black coat if doesn't look to bad. 

I'm very disappointed that the box scheme isn't in the decal set. As a result I have decided to make up a similar scheme using the kits

Silver plane decals. Unfortunately because the three number is in white and rather small it will be hard to make.

I will never understand why they didn't include the box scheme. 

This is the the progress on my little guy. It is coming together quite well now.

I painted the cowelling this morning as well, but got my usual paint separation. As a result I will have to sort it

before I fix it to the plane.

RWD-8 pws image4

• Like 8

Yes has turned out well considering the major problem I had. The landing gear went on very easily. I just need to get the cowelling painted. 

I gave the decals a coat of decal sealer so they should be ok. 

• Like 1

I have started the decals. The big Polish marking have gone on well. My light spray of decal sealer must have helped. 

I will put up an image later today all going well. I'm taking my time and setting them and letting them dry as I go. I don't want another damaged 

decal like I had yesterday on my Aussie Beaufighter. 

• Like 1

Well the Polish markings went on well, the number seven didn't.  As a result I'm changing track by using decals from other kits etc and try and make the plane on the box cover.

At the moment the number three I have for the tail is a bit small, however I will look through all my kits and see if I can find something better tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Here is the completed decals. The three is a bit small, but it was the best I could do. The white triangle should have a red T. I will see if I can fix that later. 

In the morning I will clear coat it  ready for the weathering.

RWD-8 pws image5

• Like 6

On 9/6/2021 at 1:28 PM, Greg Law said:

I was going for a used look, bit this is just looking messy. 

Hi Greg,

Yes it is worth re-doing the cowl as the other finishes you achieved look excellent.  What materials/technique do you propose to use?

Ray