Tim's Revell Atlantic - COMPLETED

Glazed areas now fitted.

I had heard that this model was a poor fit.  A comment in a chat with the modeller of the one and only built Atlantic that I've ever seen at a model show.

I refrained from repeating, until I can confirm NO SUCH PROBLEM.

Just be very careful, and it goes together fine.   The only bit I needed to chop being the instrument coaming - to enable proper fit of that glazed area.

25-Glazzing.jpg

And close up, showing internal reinforced areas

I was highly suspicious of that windscreen centre seam, and have now confirmed that it is a frame.

25-Glaze.jpg

For my next underside shot, I've closed off the undercarriage doors, and am preparing a stand for this model.

Biggest chunk of MDF that I can find, then mounted on aluminium tube, that was formerly an arrow. 

• Like 8

Underside photo.  The holes in the bomb-bay doors, correspond with similar holes in the bay roof,

so that I can install aluminium tubes thru to the top of the fuselage.  These being sockets, into which I can fit

another smaller tube as a stand.

30-Underside.jpg

Which comes in handy whilst painting.  The white painted with Poundland aerosol.

35-White.jpg

• Like 5

Some more progress,  most of yesterday was spent masking.

To get the cockpit like this.  Thin Tamiya tape edges, then Copydex.

40-Masked-Cockpit.jpg

And the airframe like this.  Masked with Poundland black insulation tape.  That pink circle on the engine, is self adhesive book covering.  Backing for the anchor symbol - which isn't a white backed decal.

40-Masking.jpg

Airbrushed Humbrol 144 grey this morning.

45-Humbrol144.jpg

And demasked the cockpit.   I'm very pleased with that.

46-Cockpit.jpg

Atlantics have very prominent de-icer boots, so that's next. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

And I've creates a stand for it.  Can you guess what the tube was in a previous life?

Would it have been an arrow by any chance?

Great looking Atlantic, I think this is the first time I’ve seen one of these built.

AW

• Thanks 1

Declaring completion.

As many aerials as I can fitted, observation blisters.  Photos of 61+11 show a very markedly lighter spine,

and all the control surfaces picked out with gel-pen. And I lost the windscreen wipers - so replaced with insulation tape. 

Revell-Atlantic-FP.jpg

Revell-Atlantic-FS.jpg

Revell-Atlantic-RP.jpg

Revell-Atlantic-RS.jpg

Revell-Atlantic-U.jpg

If French ever crops up in the GB schedule again, remind me to buy a Mirage F1 - much more my style.

Additionally, that concludes all the Britmodeller GBs that I planned earlier in the year.

• Like 8

• 9 months later...

Wow….just found this post. There are certainly a lot of buried post in this forum and the only way to get is to search periodically. 

Great job for completing this weird looking plane. It’s big. I was looking for the better looking P-3 Orion but ended up with this Atlantic too. It’s ugly but yet ironically beautiful and has character. 
I have a in-progress post but sadly, not completed. I am stopping building to finish a SIA B747-400 by year end and an Airfix AH-7 Lynx for an upcoming Airfix Cup competition here in Singapore.

I did some work for the weapon bay.
spacer.png

• Thanks 1