A Restored Early Airfix B-25 Mitchell

I purchased this model from my usual seller on EBay for about £4 as I remember.

It was pretty much intact with a few bits broken off/missing, but on the whole pretty much intact. The fact both propellers were present, albeit with one broken off, swung the decision to buy for me.

This is how I bought it.

5p6jECr.jpg

jWZrJMY.jpg

During the dripping/deconstruction process a couple of parts broke - namely the port fuselage half and the port upper wing half. They repaired reasonably well and are only really noticeable to me as I know they’re there (and you now).

This is the WIP which was interrupted by more trips to the hospital for complications following my gall bladder removal operation.

I finished the restoration last night and I’m happy with the result. 
PVaNvBz.jpg

3YsvItc.jpg

B3KS7aj.jpg

Puy53KN.jpg

Edited by Brigbeale
  • Like 34
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Brigbeale said:

I finished the restoration last night and I’m happy with the result. 

As well you should be - it's a beautifull result! :goodjob:Not an easy restauration, but I'd say you've pulled it off in a good way! :thumbsup:

Cheers :bye:

Hans j

• Thanks 1

Just now, bigbadbadge said:

Another enjoyable rescue and restoration,  great work on this old kit and the conversion too. Hope you're feeling a lot better now too.

Chris

Thank you Chris, Steve, Bertie and Hans for your appreciation and comments on this restoration.
I’m feeling pretty much as normal as I was before that painful episode kicked off. 

• Like 1