Single engine night landing

Nice one, the port engine feathered. What a relief for the pilot. I always liked landing at night, no distractions. Because you could see nothing except the runway. What you didn't see you didn't worry about. 

My Instructor had the view it was no big deal landing on on one engine, if you survived long enough to end up on short final you had it made. 

But as a model that is literally superb. Pick whatever superlatives you want. That is state of the art model making. 

• Like 3

The model was pained overall in RLM 76. Then a coat of RLM 75 was applied to the uppersurfaces and down the sides. This was done using a Paasche VL with enamels thinned 1 part paint to ! part thinner. I then used a slightly different colored RLM 76 with a Paasche V Jr. and with the paint thinned 2 parts thinner to 1 part paint I applied a "fishnet" pattern outlining the mottles just like the Luftwaffe groundcrew did. 

Hope this makes sense!

Pat D

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, noelh said:

Nice one, the port engine feathered. What a relief for the pilot. I always liked landing at night, no distractions. Because you could see nothing except the runway. What you didn't see you didn't worry about. 

Ah, but this pilot may have had a 100 Group Mosquito lurking around his airfield to worry about...

Superb model. 

• Haha 1