Artificial Hay For 72nd Scale Diorama

fishplanebeer

Does anyone know of a product that could be used to create artificial hay for a 72nd scale diorama I'm planning of a downed Bf109E during the BoB please? I'm hoping to depict a machine that came down in a hay field in August 1940 which had long-ish hay/yellow grass and bundles of harvested hay as well.

I've never built a diorama before so any extra tips would also be greatly appreciated as well.

Regards

Colin.

Just checked some rail model shops and there's quite a choice so thank you for pointing me in this direction. Quite how you get the grass/hay to be vertical is a puzzle but I'm not inclined to spend a tidy sum of the piece of 'static' kit that does this so I'll have a play around with it when it arrives. 

Just a quick note, I have a suitable base and plan to use air drying clay to form the basic terrain and then paint it mid-brown before applying the grass/hay with diluted PVA so is this a sensible approach? My only previous experience of modelling terra firma was my son's school project 15 years ago when he (meaning I) had to build a scale model of a theoretical island for a geography project.

Regards

Colin.