Sheep (38042) 1:35

Mike

Sheep (38042)

1:35 MiniArt via Creative Models Ltd

boxtop.jpg

Sheep!  Why did I get the urge to ram an apostrophe after the name of this set?  Sheep can be found in the fields of almost every country in the world where there’s grass.  They’re a good source of wool, and also make good eatin’, if you’re not of the vegan persuasion.  I prefer my sheep on the lam for wool production only, as I just don’t like the taste of lamb or mutton.  Baa…

sprue1.jpg

This set arrives in a shrink-wrapped figure-sized end-opening box, and inside are six ewes, sorry sprues in grey styrene.  There are three sprues of each type, with each style of sheep, ram or lamb made from two halves, plus a wedge-shaped insert at the top of the neck with a pair of ears sticking out.  There are five different types, 3 rams, 3 each of three types of ewes, and 3 identical lambs, although because of their size, their heads are separate, so you can differentiate them a little by adjusting the angle of their heads.  As we’ve come to expect from MiniArt, the moulding is crisp and well-detailed, except for their wool, which is quite wooly.  Ahem, sorry.

completedmodel.jpg

Conclusion

15 sheeps in a box this size is excellent value and could be used for a number of dioramas, although best of luck getting any wool off them.

Let the puns begin!

Highly recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, -Ian- said:

Thank ewe for the review.

Thanks - it was fun to pen. Hope ewe didn't ruminate on it too much, as we don't want to breed wooly-headed or sheep-dogged thinking.  I just wanted to shepherd ewe all to a fun new set instead of just grazing the forums, but without ramming it down your throats. ^_^

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Torbjörn Hanö said:

Can you use a sprue cutter to separate them from the herd, sorry, the sprue, or do you have to chop them off?

Sorry - I didn't mention it in the review, but you need to separate them with a sheep dog ^_^

4 hours ago, Mick4350 said:

You know that the plural of sheep is sheep, not sheeps.

The gospel according to St Jeremy of Clarkson says otherwise.  I also say the the past tense of snow is snew :tease:

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, JohnT said:

I can hear it now…. I used to be known as John the aircraft nut…but I model one sheep, just one sheep!!!:penguin:

sheepmodeller.com :D

• Haha 2

• 5 months later...

Whats is it with sheep models? I mention I have purchased a box of these sheepz on my 1/35th model railway thread on another group and people are interested in the sheepz. Perhaps they were shepherds in another life🙄

Edited by dcrfan

12 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Personally I would have preferred 1/32 sheep to 1/35 sheep, when placing them side by side the difference is very noticeable and IMO quite BAAAAAD!! 

:owww:

Has anyone the correct paint call out for the erm, brown exhaust seen at the back of most sheep when in the field?  I suppose one could justify an all white finish on the basis that the farmer has just taken them to an agricultural show and groomed them beforehand but I think realistically weathering is more likely for a diorama. And where is Shep when you need him? 🐕‍🦺

• Haha 2

The question I have, always being a stickler for accuracy, is what breeds of sheep do we have here?

Do I detect Suffolk, Scottish or German black-faced sheep? And is one of the hor-ned ones a Merino?

I'll have to consult with my New Zealand neighbour, wellie-wearing sheep herder and all round funny feller. In fact, he's a real dag.

• Haha 1