Sd.Kfz.10 A

dov

Hallo

This kit is nothing special. A unique model it is. One of the first quite inexperienced designs. You may notice it on awkward solutions for easy things. As the direction indicator, mirror or search light mounting. The rear license plate mounting is a superb solution by itself. Just wondering…

The kit by itself has some miracles: Holes of extra big size for pins, where no pin fits. The driver seat for instance. No holes, where pins requires a hole and so on.

Maybe this is a special Dragon kit, actually, I had some of these experiences all the way long, when building amour. The age of the kit is no excuse for such errors.

Anyway, I got along.

Now on a Sad.Kfz.251 from ICM.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Happy modelling

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

👍

In my opinion, very successful photos. I know the model is small, but it really doesn’t look like that in the photos, it looks like a real vehicle here.

Some questions: what a round thing is on the rear, and second, the tracks are from the kit?

The round thing in the rear: In German called Sperrdraht, means wire to stop vehicles. In the kit it is a very awkward thing. In real, there is a long thick wire in a round shape. This detail is wrong from the kit. This wire should have been used to stop smal tanks. I zhink it never was used for the designed purpose.

Happy modelling 

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

number plates are very over engineered

My understanding is that a lot of German equipment was complicated and over-engineered. Other combatant nations in WWII were turning out several vehicles for the price of some of the German ones. Mass vs technology seems to have been the way things were. Behind the poor blokes at the sharp end were the industries that provided the means of destruction and gents like Herr Hitler stirring it all up and driving it on.

• Like 1