Morgan 1940s/1950s? open top sports car plans or schematics?

bootneck

I would like to have a go at s/b a Morgan open top sports car, the type seen in films with British pilots whizzing round the airfield or down to the pub.  Anyone know of a source for plans or drawings with measurements please?

cheers,
Mike

If I can't find any details on a Morgan and if there are plans available on the MG TC then I may just go for that instead.  Any idea of drawings and details for one of them?

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

What scale are you wanting?  An MG TC would be available in most scales - e.g. Oxford Diecast for 1:72/76, Matchbox for 1:32, and Revell / Monogram for 1:24.  Almost certainly something in 1:43 too (possibly several).  The Morgan is probably available in 1:72 & 43, but not aware of a 1:32.  The only 1:24 that I know of is the Tamiya one, which is scarce as it is long out of production, and has a price tag to match.  Could one of those be the basis to work from?

Not sure how widespread Morgan's four wheelers were though for what I am assuming is a WW2 setting?  The prewar ones were different from the arcetypal Morgan, as they had a flat radiator (the sloped grille wasn't introduced until the '50s) - however the Riley Sprite and also the late '30s Triumph Dolomite both had that style of cowled grille (rather than a conventional radiator) - at a glance or if only visible in the background, either of those may have appeared to be a Morgan?  As for the TC, whilst it is actually post war, a scale model of one would still equally represent a period correct TA or TB.  (Apologies in advance though if this is all stuff you already know!)

As for blueprints, loads of info for both can be found via google images - if not dimensioned, overall length & wheelbase info is all on wikipedia.

Hi Paul,

I'm not looking for a kit, unless it was to take measurements from. as I just like scratchbuilding things.  I try not to mention scales when I asking for information as people tend to get fixated on the scale, rather than provide information on plans etc.  PIans can be scaled up or down plans to suit requirements.   My preferred scale is the diminutive 1:144 scale; however, that does not mean that I have to forego any detail.  I have googled around but have only found upperworks type images, whereas I could do with a set of chassis and axle placements to start with.

cheers,
Mike

• Like 1

Ah!  I do like that very much, thank you Paul. :thumbsup:  I knew it would be worth asking here on the forum.  I did spend quite a bit of time googling but couldn't find anything as well detailed as that plan.

cheers,
Mike

Sadly couldn't find one for a Morgan four wheeler - did see one for the pre-war three wheeler though.  If it is of any use, I can help with reference pics too for the TC, if you need those as well, as I have built up quite a large reference library for the many model kits that I have but am still yet to build...