*done* In The Year I Was Born pt. 2: 1968 Cobra Jet super stock

vppelt68

57 minutes ago, TonyW said:

Where did all that time go? Things are suddenly getting a bit tight!

I think that sentiment applies to most of us.

Good to see this one back on the bench- good luck in getting it done.

• Thanks 1

A minor update... Revell had a double-layer radiator grille which was very visible when the hood was open.

2021-10-08_01-20-37

The vertical cuts are already there... did them before I realized I wanted to take a pic of this. Also, in my opinion, Revell wanted me to sink the grille too deep into its "mouth".

2021-10-08_01-21-29

So I cut the backing layer off - the body to nose seam is yet not sanded, don't worry!

IMG_20211008_130845

Not a see-through though, but a bit nicer anyway?

IMG_20211008_130950

Still haven´t made up my mind, which prototypically incorrect grille I should use. Revell gives this "Bullitt" plain mesh grille and the GT grille with fog (?) lights. The lightweight Cobra Jets had a plain Mustang grille. On the other hand, I have also already used the three spoke wooden steering wheel instead of the correct kit supplied one. Maybe I won´t even paint her white :giggle:. V-P

EDIT: Something had to be done to the vent window frames too. Here´s a before and after pic in one, I hope the difference shows.

2021-10-08_03-25-23

• Like 7

Good job on that grill and really like the work on the heat extractor vents. They look a little less "chunky"  Something I haven't made it to on my build is the body. Something tells me I'm gonna have my work cut out for me.

Got tired of trying to do miracles with the Cobra Jet, after all, my modelling skills and patience are notoriously short. So I didn't remove the paint, just added more layers :rofl2:

2021-10-21_11-05-08

I add two "build" pics if you promise you won't zoom and then laugh at them, at least in public :giggle:.

2021-10-21_11-06-37

I may add some decals tonight or then not. Anyway, next pics in the Gallery, I hope. V-P

⚒️ COYI)

Edit: Ok, just one more pic here!

2021-10-21_11-50-23

• Like 6

• vppelt68 changed the title to *done* In The Year I Was Born pt. 2: 1968 Cobra Jet super stock

Oh Yes! That looks every inch a race car. Well done on finishing a real Classic.

The CObra Jet lettering on the rear fender, with its mixed capitals and lower case lettering is pure 1960's, and you only have to see the word TASCA to think of hot Fords.

• Thanks 1