Junkers J6 1/48 Scratchbuild

Marklo

resized_ba5283d1-dee2-4fb2-b4f1-aba30a66

resized_101be1dd-99c0-4a60-af51-5f865c3cWheels and  the fuel tank added. The wink is just dry fitted, I probably won’t secure it till everything else is finished. I think a carved prop and a suitable spinner  or maybe the tail skid, are the next job.

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 3

resized_eee25a9a-c03d-43c4-b9c1-8f932ec3Added the tail skid and fuel tank and started on  the decals, a bit of a nightmare as although the decal box had the right decals two sets disintegrated on me, plus I hadn’t painted the rudder yet. Still four if the eight crosses added. Need to properly attach the wing, add some guns and a seat and the prop and spinner.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Marklo said:

started on  the decals, a bit of a nightmare

I guessing that all those corrugations don't help either ;).  Hopefully, all will come good in the end!

Cheers

4 hours ago, CliffB said:

guessing that all those corrugations don't help either ;).  Hopefully, all will come good in the end!

Yes Corrugations and decals don’t mix well. But I managed on my J1 so I won’t let this one beat me :) 

resized_1a55a053-e03f-40e6-a1b7-f9cfcc8e

• Like 2

a04289c3-32b1-49ee-9b19-3628d6fb7e03.jpe
Haven’t been at the bench much in the last few days as my Dad passed away on Thursday, sad but he was ninety and went very peacefully.

I did manage to make a paper propellor and mold a spinner for the J6 to take my mind off things a bit.

• Sad 3

Thanks for you messages of sympathy. This is what I love about this forum, as well of course as the top notch modelling.

Seeing Dad off is my number one priority but he would have appreciated that a little bench time is a good way of helping with the stress. In his younger days he was a keen modeller, mostly flying airplanes and railways but I do recall him putting a lot of time into a B58 hustler when I was a kid. Hmm might even try to track one down to build in his honour.

resized_fd64d4db-0856-4059-a375-a336b23a

Couldn’t find anything in the decal box for the large balkencruz ( or at least the first set fell apart) so I resorted to white and black decal film.

resized_08f57dc6-7638-4d5d-b2e8-17330404

The power of Microsol, took a few applications but the decals are nicely in the corregations.

resized_48ba4cce-bdbd-479c-af46-75dc0e65

Just the prop and some spandaus left to add. Pleased with how it’s come together.

Atm this and the Graham white are capturing my attention.

• Like 4