2cm Salvenmaschinenkanone SMK 18 Typ 2 (Das Werk)

A small update

Second coat of paint. I used chipping fluid between the first and second layers. The next coat will be varnish, then again chipping fluid, and a slightly lighter gray color. The overall color will be much lighter than German gray because I want to make strong marks of exploitation, so the overall color will be darker anyway.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Vytautas

Edited by vytautas
  • Like 14

24 minutes ago, Longbow said:

Looking very nice there, Mr. V. !!

Do you have a diorama in mind, for this one ?

Thanks, Lee, for your very kind words.

I know, it will sound strange, but I actually came up with something like that. Maybe not really a diorama, but rather a vignette.

Vytautas

P.S. I myself find it difficult to believe what I am talking about, but I do not joke about the vignette... :D

Edited by vytautas
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, vytautas said:

Thanks, Lee, for your very kind words.

I know, it will sound strange, but I actually came up with something like that. Maybe not really a diorama, but rather a vignette.

Vytautas

P.S. I myself find it difficult to believe what I am talking about, but I do not joke about the vignette... :D

I think I know what you mean, my friend. 

I have these ideas in my head, but time and tide conspire against me ;)

• Haha 1

Well, here it is.

The second coat of paint, a little lighter color. The surface now has many more shades. Unfortunately, not very visible in the photos.

spacer.png

I made factory numbers. I used numbers and letters from German registration plate decals. The letter M is inverted by W, the letter V is circumcised by W.

spacer.png

I sprayed letter F over the serial number with the stencil - the sixth gun in the Flak battery. The letter got too bright, but it's easy to correct. I wanted to make a stencil for the letter A, but unfortunately, my talent was only enough for the letter F.

(Letter F is when I working with the afterburner on, in normal mode, I can make not bad the letter I...  :D)

1120069-72073-86-pristine.jpg

Victory signs are painted with a stencil. Strange place in the circle - the place for not yet attached cannon control panel.

spacer.png

Now I can start pin wash, weathering, pigments, and other nasty things.

Vytautas

• Like 10

• 5 weeks later...

The year is new, but the model is still old...

spacer.png

spacer.png

I glued in place the azimuth and elevating controller and started painting. 

Yes, I know, oil is leaking from the mechanisms. Of course, not good, but what can you do - the cannon is not new... :D

spacer.png

The nameplates of both devices are decals from the German radio station umformers. (Passion Models decal - very useful and universal thing: https://www.passionmodels.jp/product/266)

spacer.png

The cables are not yet connected to the aiming computer.

spacer.png

Cannon azimuth and elevation controllers. 

Vytautas

P.S. I realized I was working slowly, so I decided to hurry up and finish the cannon this year. But maybe such a plan is too ambitious for me... :rofl:

Edited by vytautas
  • Like 12

2 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Hi Paulo!

Thank you, that's very kind of you to say.

Vytautas

Do you think so? Bah its the truth! Its a terrific work. The damage weathering is of another level. Pretty realistic... and I don't lie! ...well almost... :rofl:

Cheers

LMN

• Haha 1