2cm Salvenmaschinenkanone SMK 18 Typ 2 (Das Werk)

Hmm

Hmm, maybe I'm one of the slowest modelers out there. Maybe not a champion in slowness yet, but I'm definitely in the top ten. After training for a few years, in the future, I could become, if not the world champion, then at least in Europe. 
It's a pity that there is not enough time for training my slowness...

And so, here is my champion activity:
I finally added a place for loaders (I very like this huge balcony :)) and a couple of small things on the gun carriage.
From scratch, on the right side, I added a handle, pipe for sight electric cable, remade a cable attaching mechanism from the shooting pedal. On the left side, I made a box for battery and wire from him. 
And a couple of small things on the gun base from scratch - various fixing loops, etc.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Vytautas

• Like 12

49 minutes ago, Arjan said:

Lovely work ! Das Werk seem to omit quite a bit of detail in their kits,  still I might get myself the Sonderanhänger 115 and Faun.

Thanks, Arjan for the kind words!

I don't know how about other models, but in this model, Das Werk really spared the details. But there is also a positive thing - the details fit perfectly. 
Das Werk handled this model in a simple way - as the blueprints did not survive, they allowed themselves to interpret the design of the cannon freely enough. Despite the fact that in Moscow, partially surviving this cannon is preserved in the museum. And there are enough photos of this cannon.

Vytautas

Edited by vytautas

28 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Great work takes time, and this is great work.

Thanks, John, really appreciate that

28 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Rome wasn't built in  day Vytautas.

Yes, that’s a great excuse for me! If I am accused of sabotaging cannon production, I will know what to say to these guys before they are shot me. :D

Vytautas

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, diablo rsv said:

This is high quality work Vytautas, well worth the wait. Looking forward to the next installment.

Thanks, Wayne, I hope to start painting today, so the next update may happen soon (although in my case the "soon" concept is quite vague :D).

Vytautas

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Thanks, Wayne, I hope to start painting today, so the next update may happen soon (although in my case the "soon" concept is quite vague :D).

Vytautas

I see when you go into detail, you're going to another level!

Cheers

LM

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Lazy Modeller said:

I see when you go into detail, you're going to another level!

Thanks, Paulo!

Fortunately, my eyesight is rather poor - if my vision were better, I probably would not have returned from another level :D

Vytautas

• Like 1

Well you can join me in that apartment! And not only the eyes, but also the hands. Damn thing when we get old everything goes wrong!

We think we can do it, like many years ago, but that's only in our best dreams. Anyway we can try do our best till we can, and nothing more is expected...

Cheers

LM

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lazy Modeller said:

Well you can join me in that apartment! And not only the eyes, but also the hands. Damn thing when we get old everything goes wrong!

We think we can do it, like many years ago, but that's only in our best dreams. Anyway we can try do our best till we can, and nothing more is expected...

You are a real pessimist. Look at the problem from a different angle!

Old age will be amazing - especially with sclerosis - every day we will learn so much new!  You just think - we will start life anew every day!

:rofl:

Vytautas

• Haha 1

On 01/11/2021 at 17:12, vytautas said:

You are a real pessimist. Look at the problem from a different angle!

Old age will be amazing - especially with sclerosis - every day we will learn so much new!  You just think - we will start life anew every day!

:rofl:

Vytautas

We can chat on the ouija board perhaps..... ;)

• Haha 1

On 11/6/2021 at 11:36 AM, Pig of the Week said:

We can chat on the ouija board perhaps..... ;)

I’m glad I can communicate without an ouija board for now, but anyway I need to hurry with the model. :D
Finally, I started painting the model! Looks awful, I understand, but this is just basic background color for chipping. The bed and carriage were painted by Tamiya acrylic, a breech box with Model Master metallic.
The edges of the bed and carriage in places of more probable wear were coated with Mr. Metal's metallic Stainless Steel. 

spacer.png

The lighting was poor, so the colors in the photo aren't quite accurate, sorry for that.

Vytautas

Edited by vytautas
  • Like 11

21 hours ago, edjbartos said:

More good work Vytautas, I’m looking forward to seeing this painted and chipped...

Thanks, Ed!
I thought the painting would go quickly, but today I noticed that I forgot to make two long welds in a very visible spot. I don’t know yet how to do this without repainting the model.
But I will definitely find a way to do it.

Vytautas

• Like 1

16 hours ago, vytautas said:

I thought the painting would go quickly, but today I noticed that I forgot to make two long welds in a very visible spot. I don’t know yet how to do this without repainting the model.
But I will definitely find a way to do it.

So,
At first, I was going to be made seams of putty, but before I even started to work, I realized that my fingers were not suitable for this (I must admit that in this case, the expression "fat fingers" was too gentle :D). Still, I managed to make seams from a stretched sprue. After several tests, it turned out that a Tamiya plastic was the best choice for this. The result is not perfect, but considering that the seams are only about 0.4 mm wide, I think the defects will be hardly noticeable.

spacer.png

Vytautas

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

(What the heck is going on over there, on the Ukrainian boarder ? It's time for a new revolution, me thinks ;)  )

I do not know what is happening on the Ukraine border, but the situation on the borders of my country and Poland worries me very much. The Belarusian regime is trying to push thousands of migrants from the east to my country and Poland. Belarusian dictator Lukashenko specially invited them to Belarus, telling them that they would be able to enter the European Union through Belarus. Since my country and Poland have a common border with Belarus, only Poles and we hold back the crowds of migrants. De facto Belarus attacked the EU. This is a simplified description of the situation. It's a hybrid war, nothing good...

Vytautas

P.S. Lithuania and Poland are members of the EU. Belarus is not.

Edited by vytautas
  • Sad 2

36 minutes ago, vytautas said:

I do not know what is happening on the Ukraine border, but the situation on the borders of my country and Poland worries me very much. The Belarusian regime is trying to push thousands of migrants from the east to my country and Poland. Belarusian dictator Lukashenko specially invited them to Belarus, telling them that they would be able to enter the European Union through Belarus. Since my country and Poland have a common border with Belarus, only Poles and we hold back the crowds of migrants. De facto Belarus attacked the EU. This is a simplified description of the situation. It's a hybrid war, nothing good...

Vytautas

P.S. Lithuania and Poland are members of the EU. Belarus is not.

Make sure you keep you and yours safe, my friend, and keep us posted.

I see Putin attempting to annex the Ukraine, and China taking back Taiwan at the same time, forcing the US, and Europe, to act on two fronts. 

Not a good situation at all, as we did Nothing when Russia annexed the Crimea a few years ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Longbow said:

Not a good situation at all,

Yes, this is true. 
But thank God, there are still enough models, and glue too :)
And the carbon dioxide in my gas cylinder is still not ended. You probably can't imagine how convenient it is to use gas for the airbrush from the cylinder instead of a compressor!

Vytautas

Edited by vytautas
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1