2cm Salvenmaschinenkanone SMK 18 Typ 2 (Das Werk)

13 hours ago, Nenad Ilijic said:

Great job so fat... and this thread is hilarious 😆

Just what Nenad said!

10 hours ago, Pig of the Week said:

spacer.png

Here's a beard to inspire you...

Mr Piggy I think there's a separate section in BM for putting a face to the name!

Great thread Vytautas, modelling and comedy rolled into one! :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Pig of the Week said:

A politician then !

Yes, I would be a great politician, but this stupid modeling prevents me from becoming one. While on the other hand, it might be wise to stop modeling... :rofl:

Vytautas

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, vytautas said:

Yes, I would be a great politician, but this stupid modeling prevents me from becoming one. While on the other hand, it might be wise to stop modeling... :rofl:

Vytautas

At least when you seize power you'll have a good knowledge of which is the best tank and anti aircraft artillery ;)

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pig of the Week said:

At least when you seize power you'll have a good knowledge of which is the best tank and anti aircraft artillery ;)

When that happens, good times will come, and I will not forget you guys!
When I rule the country, Lithuania will definitely have the largest army of plastic tanks in the world, because I know where to get them!
And I deliberately used the term “when I will rule the country”, and not “participate together with others in the government”. It will be much easier for everyone. I hope you understand. Of course, this will require a special law, but this is a small thing, enough to change the constitution... :rofl:

Vytautas

P.S. I would like to add that you can communicate with me in an easy manner, without official appeals, which are obligatory under the diplomatic protocol. :ike:

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, vytautas said:

When that happens, good times will come, and I will not forget you guys!
When I rule the country, Lithuania will definitely have the largest army of plastic tanks in the world, because I know where to get them!
And I deliberately used the term “when I will rule the country”, and not “participate together with others in the government”. It will be much easier for everyone. I hope you understand. Of course, this will require a special law, but this is a small thing, enough to change the constitution... :rofl:

Vytautas

P.S. I would like to add that you can communicate with me in an easy manner, without official appeals, which are obligatory under the diplomatic protocol. :ike:

You have a bright future obviously.

..btw if you want a chief of internal security, give me call.. ;)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Pig of the Week said:

You have a bright future obviously.

Yes, that goes without saying.

7 minutes ago, Pig of the Week said:

..btw if you want a chief of internal security, give me call.. ;)

I heard you.

You will have both internal and external security in your hands. I trust you. You can thank me later, not necessarily now.

:rofl:

Vytautas

• Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone who was interested in what I am doing here!

Sight Visierkopf 38 with Zielfernrohr from scratch is done, and cables are attached.

Visierkopf 38 cable is thicker because it had a lot of wires through which the signal from the aiming computer was transmitted to control the mirror inside the sight. 

A thin cable connected to the simple optical sight Zielfernrohr was required to illuminate the sight reticle in the dark (this sight was used for ground targets).

A thicker cable I made from 0,3 mm copper wire (core) and 0,25mm soldering wire (outer). Thin cable is 0,25 mm soldering wire. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Vytautas

• Like 8

Thanks, Darryl for the kind word!

1 hour ago, Jasper dog said:

It makes my eyes sore just thinking about working on something that size. 

Suffering and pain are nothing. A true modeler must suffer. God did not accidentally command the production of stinking paint and other abominations for modelers.
It seems to me that in the past life we had done terrible things, so now we have to suffer... :rofl:

Vytautas

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

Always interested in what your doing Vytautus. As Darryl said, a mini masterpiece.

Thanks very much, John. Much appreciated.

As far as modeling is concerned, it seems to me that the diagnosis of both of us is similar... :)

Vytautas

Edited by vytautas
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, vytautas said:

Thanks, Darryl for the kind word!

Suffering and pain are nothing. A true modeler must suffer. God did not accidentally command the production of stinking paint and other abominations for modelers.
It seems to me that in the past life we had done terrible things, so now we have to suffer... :rofl:

Vytautas

Was it god who had the nasty idea of ejector pin marks too ?..

Have a stern word with him eh..

• Haha 1