Ground support equipment 1/48

darthspud

I know of the Hasegawa set and the various esci/ italeri gse sets with various aircraft, also the rarer Skunkworks weapon trolley and a/c tug. But other than that is there any other modern gse sets on general sale. Not interested in the hideously expensive Flightpath stuff.

Tia

Seen the AiM stuff on Hannants. I'm more inclined towards the generic stuff like the esci/italeri that has the tractor etc. Really wish Hasegawa would upscale the 1/72 panel van set. Defo need a series 2 swb land rover or two but can't find one to scale.

Theres a 1/43 Landy available that isn't too shabby. I forget who its made by now, but it's pretty close and doesn't look out of place with 1/48 stuff

• Like 1

Heller did a 109" Series III station wagon in either 1/43 or 1/48, it can be converted easily enough to a Series II and/or 88" wheelbase. 

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 5:44 PM, darthspud said:

I know of the Hasegawa set and the various esci/ italeri gse sets with various aircraft, also the rarer Skunkworks weapon trolley and a/c tug. But other than that is there any other modern gse sets on general sale. Not interested in the hideously expensive Flightpath stuff.

Tia

Is it vehicles you are after ? 

Perhaps you could convert some 1:50th Corgi models ?

It might be that you want a bench or steps/ladders ??

Perhaps I have missed a build of your that would be a true indicators of your wants/needs ??

• Like 1

What era? And NATO or Warsaw Pact?

Have you tried an ebay etc search for simply "1/48 cart" & "1/48 trolley"? As that throws a few interesting and random bits up.

4 hours ago, darthspud said:

Shame its rarer than a tin of tartan paint these days.

Theres at least one on ebay at the moment, bit pricey though for what it is.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2021 at 10:44 AM, darthspud said:

Tia

I have and have used all you are looking for in the years past. When I find the Italeri/ESCI reissued I grab up 3 or more of them.

I like you have wished since Hasegawa issued the 1/48th series come out with all their ground equipment sets. I have also turned to O gauge railroad stuff. This is close in scale and some easy to modify and repaint. I've also have scratch built some thing in the ground equipment series.

Videoaviation I would like but paypal is not my bag. Been ripped off from evilbay people.

All The Best

Ron VanDerwarker

• Like 1

Don’t forget Maisto 1/46 diecast are good for US vehicles but tricky to get outside of the US.  You don’t want to be paying US postage for a sub £10 vehicle.  And Corgi Majors are 1/48.  There are quite a few 1/43 or 1/50 diecast vehicles too.

And with regard to the ESCI / Italeri ground crew set, search up the F-5 or F-16 sets that came with the ground crew set on ebay.  Sometimes they are cheaper that the ground crew on their own.  And you basically get an aircraft kit for free!

There was an Esci set on Ebay.co.uk today

£45. No gse, just the F16.

Skunk models really need to up their game and re-release all the gse sets and tugs they've done over the past decade.

The USN weapon cart set goes for in excess of £30! For 3 figures and 5 weapon carts.

Yep they do.  The Harlan tug set is nice, you get 2 tugs & one trolley.  Could always do with more trolleys!  Bit high for the ESCI set.  Wouldn't normally go much over £15 for one with gse.  The R11 tanker in nice too apart from the main tank join.  Took ages to get one at a price I would pay

Saw one for sale @ Plymouth Market on their Facebook page. £40. 

I'm defo scratch-building bomb trailers. Got good textured plasticard and the frame shouldn't present much issue. I've done gbu cradles and stacking frames before.

Fujimi did a couple of primarily carrier-related sets, but I don't recall whether in 48th, too. Verlinden had a rather large range of ground equipment, but they may be a bit hard to get these days.

As diecasts have been mentioned, Solido have a number that would be suitable at least for 50s settings, like Dodge 4 and 6 wheelers, and possibly GMC too.

14 hours ago, darthspud said:

Saw one for sale @ Plymouth Market on their Facebook page. £40. 

I'm defo scratch-building bomb trailers. Got good textured plasticard and the frame shouldn't present much issue. I've done gbu cradles and stacking frames before.

There is an F-16 with gse on for £20 plus postage buy it now on ebay

Spent 4 hrs looking for a 1/43 -48-50 scale step van. Might as well try and find the holy bloody graiil. I can find Dodge Ram150 which can easily be converted though.

@danbuoy found this picture of US step vans after I converted mine to the lower nose type

uhmotorpool76 2

The second from right one is nearer to the ERTL Joker van without chopping it about, and they start at a few quid on eBay.