1/48 Bulgarian PZL P.24B - Mirage Hobby ***FINISHED***

Ray_W

11 hours ago, modelling minion said:

I will certainly look at  Mirage kits in the future.

Thanks Craig for the kind remarks. I think the Mirage kit would benefit from finer panel lines. It is one kit where to fill and scribe would be good. However, a difficult task with all that corrugated surface skinning. I did fill and re-scribe the circular panel on the underside. I could of / should of done the whole fuselage. I was also careful with the any wash. I tried to avoid getting it in the corrugated ribbing and to keep it subtle. I was very happy with the look with the naked eye. Lighting for my gallery images has tended to de-emphasise some effects and over emphasis the panel lines. Still pretty cool. As mentioned a real standout on the shelf. Here is a comparison with its replacement. I did make the leading edges of the PZL more glossy. They seem that way on the early Bulgarian P24's.

PZL P24B Finished 9

12 hours ago, Papa Delta said:

Been following this. Nicely done.

Thanks PD. Glad to have you along.

10 hours ago, coneheadff said:

Браво!!!

Thanks for the support along the way. You can see above that I already have done one comparison.

10 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

hoping mine turn out 1/2 as good. 

It is a patient build Dennis, so it should suit your style. Without any changes it will build nicely out of the box. Spend some time dry fitting and think of it as a limited run and you will get and fine result.

4 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Excellent  build

Thanks Greg. I hope yours turns up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CliffB said:

Congratulations and thank you for bringing it to the GB.

Hi Cliff,

I think all the thanks should go to you for instigating such a fascinating GB. I am looking forward to another couple of subjects before the deadline.

Pics are now in the Gallery.

Thanks again.

Ray

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not my area of expertise, but very beautiful! I like the clean, accurate and detailed modelling style. The superb finish and the striking markings make your model one of the best in this group build. Well done Ray!

Cheers, Michael

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Greg Law said:

I'm happy to tell you my PZL-24 kit found it's way to me

Hi Greg, 

That is great news. Sounds like you have a very full build pipeline.  

Ray

Yes a full on program. First finish off my Ju 87A-1 basically it is already up to painting stage. While  I'm doing that I will start the Me 410. Once the the Ju87 is finished I will start the Mosquito. When that project is done both the PZL-24 kits will have arrived and that project will start. Once that is done I'm seriously thinking it is time to do my He 177 to go with the Me 410 and Ju 188A1. You might see a theme running through this program other than the PZL-24s. It is the mid to late war night bombing campaign over Britain. 

Doing both the attackers and defenders. I already have a Do 215E-4 in the cabinet. By the way. All in 1/48. I can do this now as I'm pretty well forced into retirement now by the pandemic. As I live on my own the hobby is keeping me sane at the moment. I haven't talked to anyone face to face for six weeks because of the lockdown. 

Have a look at my Do 17z which I finished today. It is in the WIP forum. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Greg Law said:

As I live on my own the hobby is keeping me sane at the moment.

Yes, the hobby helps a lot.

I like your build programme. Mine isn't quite as ambitious as I tend to just have one on the go at any time. Current F-4B, now under way, one more for this GB probably the Storch and then my first non-GB build in 2-1/2 years a Normandy Cromwell. The latter is a project I have wanted to do for some time.   

I was pleased you finished the Do 17z. I checked it out earlier today. Looks good 

Thanks @John Masters @Hewy. You are very kind. I was very happy with the result and exceptionally pleased with the red markings. It makes for an interesting subject quite different to my "usuals".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Franz75 said:

Congratulations, very nicely done. It wasn't an easy kit, but now it looks great. 

Thanks Franz, I enjoyed the build immensely and do like kits that are a little bit of a challenge. Mirage Hobby has done a great job with this subject.

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, stevehnz said:

That came up beautifully Ray, sorry for not seeing it before, but now, I'll be looking out for one in 1/72

Thanks Steve. One of my favorite recent builds and very happy with how it turned out. Surprisingly large aircraft in comparison with the Bf-109. Should make an interesting addition to your 1/72 collection. Good luck in sourcing one and enjoy.

Ray

• Like 1