Better Late Than Never - Eduard Weekend (Ha!) 1/72 F6F-5

On 26/09/2021 at 14:51, Dandie Dinmont said:

I painted up the 6 HVAR after spending some time trying to work out what colour they should be, especially the warheads. This appears to be another bone of modelling contention with no satisfactory answer. In the end I combined the suggestions of the Eduard (white body and aluminium warhead) and my Tamiya Corsair's (light grey body, olive drab sharp end) and painted them white with an olive drab warhead. Prove me wrong if you can! (please don't).

erm, the color Avenger photo I posted?   To be honest I have no idea what color they were.    One to bear in mind though.

photo_usn_ww2late_1.jpg

On 26/09/2021 at 14:51, Dandie Dinmont said:

There were  a couple of areas of ANA 623 which needed touching up, which required that I recreated my highly customised mix .!

Make up a small jar...  given my suggested mix was 50/50,  two new pots, mix,  and then divide....     If I remember I'll tag you if/when i post some more mixes, the 'fun' I have had with Tamiya and a MAP paint chart.....

That said, after an hour staring at chart, paints, and mixes ..... I went out briefly,  and I really noticed colour in detail, subtle sub tints and shades... I had been working on greys.....the subtle tones of blue-grey, purple-grey, olive-grey, green-grey ... after that, bright colour in sunlight...

Reminded me of trying to match fonts years ago, and then going into WH Smiths, and just being hit by all the typography. 

One thing, I'd be interested to see how the mix looks in daylight, but looks good in the other images, and has come out really well :goodjob:

cheers

T

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1