Bf-109 E-4/B | Airfix 1:48

Messerschmitt Bf-109 E-4 / B, S9 + GT from 9 / SKG 210, Uffz Werner Ringel (?), Russia, March 1942.

The Airfix kit, very poor in detail, so I added some resin accessories from Pavla (it is just necessary, especially the control surfaces and flaps) U-48-35 and U 48-36, Eduard's photo-etched bits in the cockpit, Aber and Pavla's barrels. Of the things that don't match the actual aircraft, it's definitely worth mentioning the compressor air intake filter cover, which should be typical for Fieseler production, the headrest, and probably the bomb ejector - but it was a replaceable item, so let's not worry. 

Overall, it's not state-of-the-art, and I didn't have a heart for it, so it took far too long to build this simple kit since the holidays of 2019 or even longer. But generally, I show everything I've finished, so another boring and mediocre Bf-109 lands in the gallery.

Painted with MRP and Gunze paints. Wash and weathering with specifics from Modellers World, AK pigments.
Decals from TOPDRAWINGS No. 4 by Kagero - excellent. Overall, I tried to be as close as possible to what is in the drawing in the book. The photos of the S9 + GT show a dark spinner - but I painted it yellow according to the book.

Strangely enough - this is one of the heaviest World War II fighter models in the 1:48 scale I have. The parts are thick; there is a huge lump of plastic pretending to be an engine in the front - it has its weight.

Hubert

f7Vh80.jpg

71s2EN.jpg

2tvvf5.jpg

Ue9Akd.jpg

IhrgoX.jpg

rJIKk5.jpg

w9rMmP.jpg

4YFUpo.jpg

dWCxe7.jpg

HJKI8K.jpg

Edited by Hubert
  • Like 33

I read in your words that you lost interest in the building of this kit. I do not see that in the photographs. My congratulations to you for finishing the aircraft so well despite the weaknesses of the kit. 

I like the way the painting shows a little of the story of the aircraft. The hasty application of the yellow nose for example, I guess would have been done in the field at the same time the fuselage code changed. Yet some proud painter produced a faultless wasp on the cowling, may be he was proud of his unit as well as his skills?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Thom216 said:

Indeed, very nice! 

Looking at the profile, I'm wondering what it would looked like if it'd had a lowback and blown canopy...

jetlyda5r0e01.jpg

A bit Japanese ;)

• Haha 1