Question about the various Kinetic Mirage versions in 1/48

DrumBum

Hi all,

I am interested in building a Mirage III of the French Air Force and my local store has the Kinetic Mirage IIIE/V South America version for sale.

The South America version pictured on the box has a small fillet at the base of the fin which the French versions do not.

Does anyone know if this kit contains the parts to make the different fin configurations or would I require the IIIE version.

cheers and thanks in advance

The kit has all the part included.

You can do a French, or any E, or 5 model.

The fin filet is a seperat part for both versions on the main fuselage sprue, choose either. 

The nose cones are seperate, both should be included.

Exdraken,

thanks very much. I started considering an RAAF variant, would the IIIE be externally the same as the IIIO as operated by Australia?

thanks again, research into the Mirage/Kfir/Dagger/Nesher is a huge rabbit hole.

1 hour ago, DrumBum said:

Exdraken,

thanks very much. I started considering an RAAF variant, would the IIIE be externally the same as the IIIO as operated by Australia?

thanks again, research into the Mirage/Kfir/Dagger/Nesher is a huge rabbit hole.

yes, externally the same but the Doppler radar below the nose/ cockpit section. The IIIO did not have it and does not have the bulge.

Both parts are included in the kit anyways.

try tp get someinstructions for the IIIO, like those here:

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/2/8/5/312285-94-instructions.pdf

on page 8, step 12:

the part E4 is the correct one for the IIIO

for the obove mentioned fin fillet/extension, it is either B8/9 for the Mirage IIIE or IIIO, or B15 (th lion one for e.g some South American versions, of the French 5)