Done Lockheed 1/72 YF-94D Conversion

As usual, I waited a long time for this model, hoping someone else would jump in, etc. etc.  No one else did, so I did, and here is something you won't often see, the YF-94D, which was actually a converted YF-94C in an earlier life.  This aircraft was going to be a ground-bashing version of the F-94 series, but that never really got off the ground.  This plane and it's single sister ship were used to test the M-61 Gatling gun and 20mm cannon.  When these tasks were completed, they were seconded by the Air Force to the Mass ANG for use as trainers.

For those interested, the build thread and art work are HERE

The pics of old "Pinocchi-nose":

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Hope that you enjoyed looking as much as I enjoyed adding this bird to the collection.  As usual, while not perfect nor excruciatingly detailed, it's a lot better than the one I had before...

Ed

Edited by TheRealMrEd
  • Like 32

• TheRealMrEd changed the title to Done Lockheed 1/72 YF-94D Conversion

That‘s a fine model - great conversion and excellent NM finish! I wonder what they stowed away in that nose, maybe ballast to keep the nose wheel down? 🤪

5 hours ago, Toryu said:

That‘s a fine model - great conversion and excellent NM finish! I wonder what they stowed away in that nose, maybe ballast to keep the nose wheel down? 🤪

Originally, they used this:

spacer.png

After they took THAT out, I wondered how many bricks it took in the BACK end, to maintain the CG?

Ed

• Like 2