Monsieur Deux Ponts

Okay, the spelling is wrong.  :D  

I've been wanting to build one of these for some time.  I feel the Bréguet Br.763 just looks so French. 

spacer.png

There is only one sprue for this kit, but it's quite a large one.

spacer.png

Although a simple kit, this is going to take a bit of work.  There are quite a few mould blemishes.  At one point it looks as though the mould has started to corrode.  But that's all part of the fun. :) 

There are numerous boxings of this kit, all with the same sprue.  There are alternaive central fins and noses for the different versions, together with wingtip fuel tanks.  This one is going to be fun!

• Like 14

Although the main undercarriage is situated fairly forward, there is little change of this being a tail sitter.  There is plenty of room for ballast in that fuselage.  

The chunk of milliput fills in an odd gap in the part caused by mould damage.

spacer.png

Once the fuselage halves have been cemented together, a lot of work is required to remove the joint line.  There are no locating pins but it's not a great problem as the plastic is very thick.

spacer.png

• Like 6

This should be interesting - saw one of these at Heathrow back in around 1964 I think - I believe that Air France called them "Provence" and the Air Force called them "Sahara", though that might just have been the freighter version. Actually, getting to Heathrow from Bradford was a long haul but a local coach firm (Wallace A*seholes as my late mother called them?) ran day trips sometimes and in my early teens I went either 2 or 3 times with a school friend/fellow aircraft modeller and I say 1964 because I believe we saw a Skyways York on the same trip and they were withdrawn that year I believe.

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1

I mentioned earlier about mould damage.   The port wing uppersurface has a very ragged trailing edge.  Just inboard of the inboard nacelle bullet there is a very rough area which looks as though part of the mould has corroded away.  There are also a couple of areas on the forward parts of the nacelles which look like something has been dropped on to the mould, causing dents.   These will all need to be dealt with.

spacer.png

I built up the trailing edges with 10 thou plastic card.  This will make them very thick for the scale but hopefully I can sand them down.  The gear bay interiors were sprayed with aluminium car paint from a rattle can.

spacer.png

• Like 3

Main components cemented together and then primed with grey car primer from a rattle can.  Once I can see what I'm dealing with, I can start to sort things.

spacer.png

There is a lot of sanding and filling required to deal with imperfections.  Quite a bit of rescribing as well!

But eventually I got to this...

spacer.png

spacer.png

As you can see from the wing roots, there is more filling ongoing. 

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, PeterB said:

Are there any windows moulded or is it a case of decs only or paint it yourself?

All the windows are provided on the decal sheet.  I think in this scale, that's a reasonable compromise.

Pleased to see you doing this one Enzo, good luck with it, you seem to be doing well so far in spite of what the kit has given you.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Jasonb13 said:

This is a great subject, I know nothing about it. Have to agree though, where's the tail?

Out on the ends of the horizontal tail surfaces.

@JOCKNEY Pat is just being evil, take no notice. ;) :D They are the longer & shorter small flight surfaces above the horizontal tail planes in the sprue shot at the top. The tail planes have sockets for them on the ends.

I really should get one of these too. 

Steve.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/3/2021 at 1:26 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Great stuff Enzo

It's a shame the tail is missing, can you make a new one ? :whistle:

Cheers Pat 

It looks all there too me, Pat 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Okay, I've finally made some progress on this one.   The NMF areas were masked off and sprayed. 

I used AK Xtreme Metal colours.   I found that the Dark Aluminium paint was simply too dark and made too great a contrast, so the darker shade is a 50/50 mix of Aluminium and Dark Aluminium.

The colours used eventually were

AK479  Aluminium

AK480  Dark Aluminium

AK482  Duralumin

AK478  White Aluminium

spacer.png

• Like 5