Yak-12A (model 1957) (Amodel 1:72)

Hello colleagues!
Although Amodel kits are not considered for beginners, the model is surprisingly easy to build! Of course, it was not without putty, but to a minimum. Of the two proposed options (in decals), I liked the Polish Air Force messenger. I slightly reworked the cabin with windshield, the rest are all PET glazing. Slightly modified the tail unit, landing gear, headlamp, PVD, antennas, propeller. Opened the driver's door and trunk)
Painting and varnishing with brushes. Paint: GSI Urethane Acrylic Mr.Color, Tamiya Varnishes, Futura + Plain Pencil.
Happy viewing!

photo_1_1607020506.jpg photo_4_1607020506.jpg photo_6_1607020506.jpg photo_8_1607020506.jpg photo_9_1607020506.jpg photo_11_1607020506.jpg photo_12_1607020506.jpg photo_13_1607020506.jpg photo_14_1607020506.jpg photo_16_1607020506.jpg photo_19_1607020506.jpg photo_21_1607020506.jpg photo_22_1607020506.jpg photo_23_1607020506.jpg photo_25_1607020506.jpg photo_26_1607020506.jpg

• Like 28

Brilliant execution! 

1 minute ago, Dennis_C said:

The type produced at 5,000 in real life but underrepresented in modelling world

I still remember some of them seen as kid in the air.... 

Regards

J-W

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dennis_C said:

Extremely well done out of amodel kit! 

The type produced at 5,000 in real life but underrepresented in modelling world :)

8 minutes ago, JWM said:

Brilliant execution! 

I still remember some of them seen as kid in the air.... 

Regards

J-W

Colleagues, thank you for your attention and feedback!

• Like 2

Excellent rendition of an unusual subject. Having experienced the 'joy' of Amodel myself, I can appreciate the trouble you must have gone to in order to achieve such a high quality result. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, clive_t said:

Excellent rendition of an unusual subject. Having experienced the 'joy' of Amodel myself, I can appreciate the trouble you must have gone to in order to achieve such a high quality result. 

clive_t, thank you for your feedback and attention!

15 minutes ago, Dennis_C said:

By the way I think this type was also produced in Poland and in pretty large numbers. 

If my memory serves me, then an early version was produced, not with oblique wingtips, but with straight ones ...

11 hours ago, Dennis_C said:

By the way I think this type was also produced in Poland and in pretty large numbers. 

10 hours ago, MicTroy23 said:

If my memory serves me, then an early version was produced, not with oblique wingtips, but with straight ones ...

Indeed, Yak-12 were produced in Poland under licence. Accordingly to what is said here ( http://www.samolotypolskie.pl/samoloty/2356/126/PZL-Jak-12 ) the numbers of Yak-12 produced in Poland were 1054 and 137, for Yak-12M and Yak-12A variants, respectively (so both main variants).  Moreover, there was a Polish development of Yak-12 M, it was PZL 101 Gawron (main modifications were in wings and undercarriage)  produced in series of 325 machines (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PZL-101_Gawron). 

So it was massive series...(I think about 1/4 of total production of Yak-12 family)

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM
mispelling corrections
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Marvellous result. I'm going to have to make one of these. Inspiring work.

Pete

5 hours ago, GiampieroSilvestri said:

Beautiful Yak-12!

Saluti

Giampiero

colleagues, thanks for stopping by and thanks for the comment!

Extremely sharp and tidy build.

However there is one doubt - do you have a photo of this very aircraft?

Were the chessboard insignia turned 90 degrees from the regulation ones for sure?

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KRK4m said:

Extremely sharp and tidy build.

However there is one doubt - do you have a photo of this very aircraft?

Were the chessboard insignia turned 90 degrees from the regulation ones for sure?

Cheers

Michael

KRK4m, thanks for the tip!

You definitely noticed this, I did not find photos of this side, only a side drawing. In theory, this code should have been, the decal was drawn from something ..! Shakhovitsa may have displayed incorrectly ...

• Like 1

Дело в том, что нынешняя "шахматная доска" похожа на вашего яка - белый цвет - это верхнее левое поле и нижнее правое поле. Но с декабря 1918 года по февраль 1993 года все было наоборот - левый верхний и правый нижний квадраты были красными. И в польской авиации до 1939 года, в польских эскадрильях Королевских ВВС, в польских полках на Восточном фронте и в авиации Польской Народной Республики после 1945 года.

The tip is that the current Polish insignia looks like your Yak - white is the top left field and the bottom right field. But from December 1918 to February 1993, the opposite was true - the top left and bottom right squares were red. Both in the Polish aviation until 1939, in the Polish squadrons of the RAF, in the Polish regiments on the Eastern Front and in the aviation of the Polish People's Republic after 1945.

Cheers

Michael

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KRK4m said:

Дело в том, что нынешняя "шахматная доска" похожа на вашего яка - белый цвет - это верхнее левое поле и нижнее правое поле. Но с декабря 1918 года по февраль 1993 года все было наоборот - левый верхний и правый нижний квадраты были красными. И в польской авиации до 1939 года, в польских эскадрильях Королевских ВВС, в польских полках на Восточном фронте и в авиации Польской Народной Республики после 1945 года.

The tip is that the current Polish insignia looks like your Yak - white is the top left field and the bottom right field. But from December 1918 to February 1993, the opposite was true - the top left and bottom right squares were red. Both in the Polish aviation until 1939, in the Polish squadrons of the RAF, in the Polish regiments on the Eastern Front and in the aviation of the Polish People's Republic after 1945.

Cheers

Michael

KRK4m, thank you so much for the hint! Now I will know how to do it right, because in the plans for the future, there are also cars with Polish identification marks ...