Cathay Pacific Airbus A350-1000 ,Zvezda

I personally still dont like the look of the A350,esp. the nose section is imho one of the ugliest designs ever.

But as I had flown on the CX A350-1000 back in 2019,it had to be added to my "I flew on it" collection.

But I must admit,the flights were great on it,being not only very comfortable but also very quiet.

The landings were so smooth,I didnt even notice the touchdowns.In these aspects,the A350 ranks among the best flying experiences of me,although they cant compare to the 747 flights,but as far as its Airbus related,the A350 was the best.

The kit comes from Zvezda,and as one comes to expect from this manufacturer,the model is superbly designed and every part fits almost seamlessly.

Puttying and sanding were almost inexistent with just the very long fuselage needed a little bit of filler in some places.

The rest is basically falling together.

It also has a nice and for that scale sufficiently detailed cockpit which can be seen through the very clear windscreen.

The engines are very detailed and cleverly designed,which allows to paint the hot sections and the cowlings separately.

Paints are Gunze white primer for the fuselage,clear coated with Gunze Premium gloss and Gunze Grey 315 for the wings and stabilizers.

The cheatline was more difficult to find the right shade.

On my research I came across Lifecolor WW2 Australian Airforce grey,but that was not available in my place.The only other option that was stated to be similar was the Gunze blue-grey,but in my opinion its a bit too much on the green side.

I only realized it after I had sprayed the white around it.But depending on the light and angle you look at the model it differs a lot.I am still satisfied with the outcome.

The decals are from PAS Decals and are nicely printed and easy to use.

The windowframes for the cabin windows although are not usable as they are just thin black frames instead of silver.

To solve this,I used the ones from the kits superb decal sheet and some from a 26decals Qatar A350-900 sheet that I had in my spares.

All in all,a very nice and trublefree build all around and a highly recommended kit.

Cheers

Alex

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

The stand provided presents the A350 nicely and so it can also be build with gear up.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Here with "something else" to show the sheer size of that aircraft

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Alex1978
  • Like 32
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, SAT69 said:

An excellent build!

3 hours ago, 2lefthands said:

Very clean build!

3 hours ago, 2lefthands said:

Very clean build!

Thank you very much

Very nice. 

5 hours ago, Alex1978 said:

the nose section is imho one of the ugliest designs ever

Just remember firstly, form follows function, and second beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

And it's no worse than the 787.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mitchem said:

Excellent 👍

...although for me, Air Gabon stole the show 👍👍

😁

mike

Thank you very much Mike.

More of that 747 can be seen in my anniversary RFI for the 747,posted last december.

1 hour ago, Abandoned Project said:

Very nice. 

Just remember firstly, form follows function, and second beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

And it's no worse than the 787.

Thats probably right.

Aerodynamically,its more efficient.But its just not good looking and that "Zorro mask" makes it even worse.

The 787 is not a beauty either but the nose section is in comparison better done.Some slight resemblance to the Caravelle comes to mind,which is not a bad thing.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing another beautiful model Alex. I've always liked the Cathay Pacific livery and it looks good on the A350. The colour of the stripe tends to vary depending on lighting conditions and weathering and yours looks fine to me.

I have to disagree with you about the A350 being ugly. I know it comes down to personal taste but I like its odd, quirky looks and it certainly can't be mistaken for anything else. It would be a boring world if we all liked the same things!

It's too late to be any use for this model but I see that Authentic Airliner Decals now have windows for A350-1000 in their range. Might be worth bearing in mind if you decide to build another one.

Dave G

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Alex1978 said:

Aerodynamically,its more efficient

That didn't stop TAP Portugal from changing their order from 12 A350's to 14 A330NEO's. My opinion on this case is a better looking aircraft with newer more powerful engines was more desirable than efficiency.

9 minutes ago, Alex1978 said:

that "Zorro mask"

L O L . So true :rofl:

10 minutes ago, Alex1978 said:

The 787 is not a beauty either but the nose section is in comparison better done

Agreed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Thanks for sharing another beautiful model Alex. I've always liked the Cathay Pacific livery and it looks good on the A350. The colour of the stripe tends to vary depending on lighting conditions and weathering and yours looks fine to me.

I have to disagree with you about the A350 being ugly. I know it comes down to personal taste but I like its odd, quirky looks and it certainly can't be mistaken for anything else. It would be a boring world if we all liked the same things!

It's too late to be any use for this model but I see that Authentic Airliner Decals now have windows for A350-1000 in their range. Might be worth bearing in mind if you decide to build another one.

Dave G

Thank you very much Dave.

You are right,the world would be boring if all would like the same.

Thank you for the hint on the AA windows.

Its unlikely,but if I will ever build another,I will bear that in mind

Wow!!!!!!! I did not realize just how large the A350 is.  The side-by-side pictures with the 747 illustrate just how the A350 compares to the long serving 747.  Great job on the A350 and the “airport” looks good too. 😉 :like:

Mike

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Sky Keg said:

Wow!!!!!!! I did not realize just how large the A350 is.  The side-by-side pictures with the 747 illustrate just how the A350 compares to the long serving 747.  Great job on the A350 and the “airport” looks good too. 😉 :like:

Mike

Thank you very much Mike.

I was stunned myself about its size,when I boarded the plane.

• Like 1

Nice build, however I disagree with you on the look of A350: every time I see it I think about raccoons and those are cute. Unfortunately haven't had a chance to fly those since the airport in our city doesn't fly anything larger the B737-700 or A319. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doom3r said:

Nice build, however I disagree with you on the look of A350: every time I see it I think about raccoons and those are cute. Unfortunately haven't had a chance to fly those since the airport in our city doesn't fly anything larger the B737-700 or A319. 

Thank you very much.

A raccoon never came to my mind until you mentioned it.But yes,a slight resemblance is there with its black eye outlines😊😂

Might bear that in mind in future when I see the A350 next time...😉