Old Buckenham Airshow July/August 2021 (Sunday images added)

Evening all

My first visit to Old Buckenham and what a great day! Fortunately, the weather forecast was wrong and unlike a lot of venues, the sun was behind me which made for easier photography!

Hard to pick a favourite, but the Typhoon was awesome!

DSC_1181.jpg

Tiger 9

DSC_1198.jpg

Tiger 9

DSC_1297.jpg

DSC_1322.jpg

DSC_1341.jpg

Rod Dean in Slingsby

DSC_1355.jpg

DSC_1360.jpg

DSC_1457.jpg

DSC_1546.jpg

DSC_1575.jpg

DSC_1589.jpg

Tiger Club's Turbulent Display Team

DSC_1605.jpg

"Little & Large" Extras

DSC_1621.jpg

DSC_1626.jpg

DSC_1632.jpg

DSC_1694.jpg

Red Bull Matadors

DSC_1736.jpg

IWM Spitfire N3200

DSC_1739.jpg

DSC_1742.jpg

DSC_1826.jpg

DSC_1848.jpg

CAP 10

DSC_1863.jpg

Fireflies

DSC_1881.jpg

DSC_1908.jpg

DSC_1914.jpg

DSC_1939.jpg

Re-enactment of the Last Dogfight of WWII in Europe

DSC_1967.jpg

DSC_2000.jpg

DSC_2032.jpg

DSC_2084.jpg

Thanks for looking!

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ColinChipmunkfan said:

Brilliant photos yet again, I particularly like the Spitfire photos- especially the first one.

Thank you for posting

Colin

Thanks very much, Colin. I really appreciate the kind words! I was really looking forward to the N3200 display because the weather had improved and my wife paid for me to sit in it at Duxford as a wonderful birthday present!

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Fabulous pictures. Many thanks.

Thanks very much, Pete. It was a really good event with pretty much something for everyone.

43 minutes ago, Parabat said:

Lovely stuff, you've certainly got the angles sorted, excellent work and lots of dynamic shots. 

Thanks for the kind words Parabat. Never having been to the airfield, I couldn't work out where crowd centre was, but I got lucky!

• Like 1

The display was broadcast live on YouTube by Planes TV. It was a good watch (although I did not watch all of it as other things to do). The only slightly annoying thing was the commentators feed into the broadcast was a bit on the loud side compared to the noise made by the aircraft. The sound of a plane doing aerobatics on sunnyish summer Saturday afternoon rolled back the years. 

The were really nice photos you put up, loved the moisture coming of the wing of the Typhoon. 

Edited by Mr T
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mr T said:

The display was broadcast live on YouTube by Planes TV. It was a good watch (although I did not watch all of it as other things to do). The only slightly annoying thing was the commentators feed into the broadcast was a bit on the loud side compared to the noise made by the aircraft. The sound of a plane doing aerobatics on sunnyish summer Saturday afternoon rolled back the years. 

I've never seen any of the live feeds, but I saw the camera operator standing on the roof of a trailer! I don't know if Planes TV would usually attend this event, or if they are just keeping busy in a "light" season.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FalkeEins said:

Looked like a great show, super photos!   What's the next show you are planning to attend ?

Thank you very much! It reminded me of an Old Warden event due to the closeness of the displays and the favourable position of the sun!

I will be at Duxford for the next Flying Day on Wednesday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Viking said:

Fabulous photos, thanks for posting.

Cheers

John

Thanks very much John. I'm pleased you enjoyed them. My wife and I have just arrived at a very drizzly Old Buckenham for day two with everything crossed that the weather improves in the next couple of hours!

More lovely images Leigh! You are certainly making the most of what is a lean season for events. Particular favorites are Sally B and the Duxford Spit.

Thanks for sharing an event I still have yet to attend.

Mark

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, canberraman said:

More lovely images! You are certainly making the most of what is a lean season for events. Particular favorites are Sally B and the Duxford Spit.

Thanks for sharing an event I still have yet to attend.

Mark

Hi Mark. Thanks for the kind words. Think of Old Warden in Norfolk and you will be close!

I'm just downloading my shots from today, so will be posting a few more later.

Unfortunately, the weather was not so kind today, but we still enjoyed the displays. The full-size and RC Extras really were incredible (again)!

DSC_2153.jpg

DSC_2159.jpg

DSC_2192.jpg

DSC_2229.jpg

DSC_2240.jpg

DSC_2260.jpg

DSC_2287.jpg

"Red Sparrows"

DSC_2313.jpg

Spitfire N3200

DSC_2370.jpg

DSC_2395.jpg

DSC_2399.jpg

DSC_2430.jpg

Turbulent balloon-chasing!

DSC_2451.jpg

DSC_2476.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 4

• Alpha Delta 210 changed the title to Old Buckenham Airshow July/August 2021 (Sunday images added)