Revell 1/48 Phantom FGR2

17 hours ago, DrumBum said:

I find the Revell/Hasegawa main landing gear attach points to be a weakness in the kit and if I build another I will figure out a better way of installing the main legs. 

I have never, ever had a great time attaching the main gear on all of the various versions Hasegawa have put out.

Phabulous build!

Rgds

On 7/31/2021 at 2:58 PM, Anthony in NZ said:

That's utterly superb and a massive inspiration for my 32nd one!!

What paints did you use, they look spot on, as does your weathering.

Lovely and thanks for posting

Cheers Anthony

thanks mate. Tamiya acrylics, the barley grey on the fuselage was a mix based on xf-19 sky grey with a little white and a tiny bit of yellow added. The other two were xf-83 medium sea grey out of the bottle and the belly is xf-20 with a little white added. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You had me hooked with the very first photo. The colours look perfect and the amount of grime on the fuselage looks just right too.

My only negative observation is that the FGR2's didn't have aileron droop when the flaps were deployed but other than that it is a peach of a model.

Duncan B

On 8/2/2021 at 5:22 AM, Duncan B said:

You had me hooked with the very first photo. The colours look perfect and the amount of grime on the fuselage looks just right too.

My only negative observation is that the FGR2's didn't have aileron droop when the flaps were deployed but other than that it is a peach of a model.

Duncan B

Yes I realized the flap/aileron droop settings are incorrect when it was too late.......next F-4 will be better!!!

• Like 1

Thats a blinder. Really liking your work there and a whole load of inspiration for whenever I get around to my planned 1435 FGR2. 

Thanks for posting and in such a well photographed manner.

• Like 1