Jump to content

1/48 Piaggio Pegna PC-7 by AMP


Recommended Posts

Model under the motto "Bring my modelling mojo back".

1/48 Piaggio Pegna PC-7 from AMP - airplane which was build only once and for one thing only - to win Shneider Cup. Never flew.

What I can say more - a real dog of a model. Every part had to be fitted, in addition scale on box was wrong - model is more 1:52 so chance to use any available figures is none. I've cut a wharf from styrofoam, add some water and put Piaggio on stands. Painting as usual: Mr Hobby and Tamiya. Stands are scratchbuild from icecream sticks, pavement and water for railway dioramas.

 

VMbuh4Q.jpg
t86Guvi.jpg
0DAnaMw.jpg
2GUmsyy.jpg
77XEPRu.jpg
YZkICAA.jpg
QI7A54u.jpg
djLidnj.jpg
D3tudZQ.jpg

  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You managed to produce a beautiful model despite the problems with the kit. Congrats! Like the base, too. The real plane is intriguing. A hydrofoil flying boat is about as bizarre as it gets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a plane... It's a boat... Holy surface radiator, it's the Batmobile! Erm, no, wrong colour...

 

A very esoteric mojo restorer and a challenging one, too. I really like the result. It kind of reminds me of the planes from the anime Porco Rosso. The model looks prefect, smooth and shiny, and blends perfectly into the scene even without any figures. Kudos!

 

Cheers,

Geno

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MicTroy23 said:

I also hope to put one on the shelf someday. But, I will build a homemade product at 1:72

SBS Model has a very nice kit in 1/72 if you do not want to build from scratch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MicTroy23 said:

It's easier for me to build from scratch ...)

Looking at the planes you have posted here I believe you will do fine scratch building, too. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Mjoo said:

Looking at the planes you have posted here I believe you will do fine scratch building, too. 

Thank you! I think this will work. I have experience with homemade models: Bugatti 100P, two helicopters, ekranoplanes and a cruise missile. )

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2021 at 5:50 PM, dnl42 said:

Bravo! Excellent fit and finish, despite the kit. :clap2:

 

Thanks :)

 

On 8/2/2021 at 5:44 PM, billn53 said:

Very nice work on an unusual aircraft! I'm always curious... what did you use for the water on the base?

 

Thank you :) Water is made of transparent styrene water sheet for railroad dioramas (sorry, can't remember manufacturer) with waves andfoam made os AK fluids.

 

On 8/2/2021 at 3:56 PM, Modelling Padre said:

Now that is very different. Interesting to see and always better displayed in a diorama in my humble opinion. 

 

Thanks :)

 

On 8/1/2021 at 2:10 PM, darthspud said:

Nice racing plane.

 

Thank you :) Sad that never flew.

 

On 8/1/2021 at 1:56 PM, Geno said:

It's a plane... It's a boat... Holy surface radiator, it's the Batmobile! Erm, no, wrong colour...

 

A very esoteric mojo restorer and a challenging one, too. I really like the result. It kind of reminds me of the planes from the anime Porco Rosso. The model looks prefect, smooth and shiny, and blends perfectly into the scene even without any figures. Kudos!

 

Cheers,

Geno

 

Many thanks :)

 

On 8/1/2021 at 11:00 AM, MicTroy23 said:

Congratulations, wonderful model! I also hope to put one on the shelf someday. But, I will build a homemade product at 1:72 ...

 

Thank you very much :)

 

On 8/1/2021 at 10:04 AM, Mjoo said:

You managed to produce a beautiful model despite the problems with the kit. Congrats! Like the base, too. The real plane is intriguing. A hydrofoil flying boat is about as bizarre as it gets.

 

Indeed, it is :) Glad you like it :) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...