1/48 - Republic P-47B/C & D (early) Razorback/Thunderbolt By Dora Wings - P-47B & C released

Homebee

12 hours ago, k5054nz said:

I've never been a fan of the mighty Jug but I foresee a lot of very happy people out there. It looks excellent.

In all honesty, I've never been a fan of the P-51D, though I do like the P-51B/C. I am a fan of the "mighty Jug" and look forward to seeing these released.

• Like 1

To Dora:  I loved the P-43 but it fought me for months. The over-engineered cowl, the tiny parts on chunky sprue attachments and the vague instrument panel attachment instructions could have been easily addressed. Please keep it simple on the 47B.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

They are releasing the -C with and without the "big belly" modification, it seems.

I wrote a couple of comments in their Facebook page hoping they enrich a bit the model, at the moment I noticed that:

-it lacks the underwing fences;

-it lacks the flap hinges covers;

-it lacks the fuselage ceramic insulators for the wire antennas;

-it has five instead of four underwing oval inspection panels in front of the flap section.

The cockpit right wall seems a bit suspicious but the fact is- we have information about what it looked like with the original radio set, but not how it was rigged after introduction of the SCR522 in ETO

Edited by steh2o

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Republic P-47B/C & D (early) Razorback/Thunderbolt By Dora Wings - P-47B & C 3D renders
  • 7 months later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/dorawingsofficial/posts/pfbid0foPoCY9vTsrT1oPvmxEBXyukEQwxfcqf8vo2qKcdKJyHrfD5bfDjUutTn7ZjpH8Bl

Hello friends!

We are working on variants of the P-47B.

There are such photos. Perhaps someone has additional photos of these aircraft ..?

Or some other interesting variants...

Thanks in advance.

305479502-402581142017872-72934598316205

305705360-402581175351202-91256547124989

V.P.

• Like 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Republic P-47B/C & D (early) Razorback/Thunderbolt By Dora Wings - P-47B & C 3D renders+P-47B schemes+sprues

Looking fairly good. Nice things are the intake splitter is done in two parts so should be more accurate than the Tamiya one. Separate controls surfaces. Separate forward and aft belly inserts (as long as they are a good fit ).

Things I don't like are the way they've molded the guns - I know I'll end up breaking those off before I've finished the kit 🙄 The prop shaft and hub cap are molded separate but the cap is in two halves. Also another kit where we can't have the canopy open.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Boman said:

It's only the testsprues of the P-47B, not the C. But looking very promissing for the upcoming P-47C for sure 😋

It is and only for a few B's with that style canopy though everything else can be used on the P-47C. Of course a different fuselage will be required for the C-1 and later versions.

• Like 1

I hope this kit gets made and is a huge success , the Company announced yesterday , that the WW2 Morane Saulnier MS 406 ( 1/48 Scale ) is still in the pipeline for being made -

but the War makes things slower , but Dora Wings still intends making it 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tbolt said:

It is and only for a few B's with that style canopy though everything else can be used on the P-47C. Of course a different fuselage will be required for the C-1 and later versions.

You are absolutely right.

It's already done too. 😎

IMG-20230106-012327.jpg

IMG-20230106-012101.jpg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Republic P-47B/C & D (early) Razorback/Thunderbolt By Dora Wings - P-47B & C 3D renders+P-47B schemes+sprues+test build
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

When it appears and if they have New Guinea campaign markings. then this will be useful

https://www.redroomodels.com/product/brisbane-tank-1-48/

Also available in 1/72 if you want to do a simple conversion.

https://www.redroomodels.com/product/brisbane-tank-1-72/

Aftermarket decals - lots from HGW in all scales

https://hgwmodels.cz/en/search?controller=search&s=p-47

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...