StuG III Ausf. E

I found this one sitting on my “Shelf of Doom” where it has been residing for several years and wondered why I never finished it up since it is close.  I have gone back and forth with stowage issues and had a base that was a bit of a disaster, so I scrapped those and shelved the build.  

This kit is the old Dragon Ausf. E Orange Box issue which I believe is based on the (now ancient) Gunze Sanyo Pz III chassis from the late 1980s.  It’s an ok kit-not great, but serviceable. I have the Bronco Ausf Es which are a bit better, but the finish line is near on this one.

I’m going to try to finish this up and started in that direction today by adding some tarps to cover the stowage (a lead foil tarp didn’t end well) and the gun mantlet/gunsight areas.

51346550664_97ec6fd382_b.jpg 51346550514_732a502d9d_b.jpg

Still a bit to clean up and work out, but I’d like to finally finish the project up this year.

Edited by f matthews
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, vytautas said:

Looking really good!

Do you plan to do anything else with camouflage?

Vytautas

I think I’ll leave it as-is.  Started working up a display base.  Hopefully that will turn out better than the last attempt, which was one of the reasons this thing has been sitting for a few years.

51356030088_ced62ba98c_b.jpg 51356819755_d6af5d409a_b.jpg

• Like 3