Posting thread or replies

52 minutes ago, Ipcress said:

Viking longship forum

I know that this forum is very fragmented, but I didn't know that there's a section for this. Very niche! 😉

Your post here is showing as your first and so far only post, so it must have been a technical problem or possibly some minor user error. Try again and it should be fine. And a big welcome to the forum, by the way @Ipcress.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ade H said:

I know that this forum is very fragmented, but I didn't know that there's a section for this. Very niche! 😉

Your post here is showing as your first and so far only post, so it must have been a technical problem or possibly some minor user error. Try again and it should be fine. And a big welcome to the forum, by the way @Ipcress.

Ha! I meant thread - this site is incredible but a Viking Longship Forum would be pushing it... 

And thanks! 

Any of you that are having this issue should try the following.  Grab another browser, and experiment with that, but only after rebooting your device and router and trying it with your original browser.  If it works after a reboot, that was probably the issue - if a device isn't shut down for a long time, issues can start to build up, and software can sort-of crash without it being obvious.  I've mentioned before that my then new phone had its cellular radio unit crash completely a couple of times without affecting the phone.  Until I left the house, after which I got no service etc.  To recap:

1. Restart your device and router
  2. Double check your internet connection to make sure it's good - especially if you're using WiFi or 3G/4G
  3. Experiment with your existing browser
  4. If the problem persists, try a different browser and see how that goes
  5. Report back with any remaining issues and/or fixes

I get the occasional slow load of a post I'm making, but we're talking a couple of seconds here.  No more :hmmm: