1980 Ford Econoline 250 campervan "Terry Fox van"

3 hours ago, matti64 said:

Looking excellent. All of the other things aside, the amazing build quality , research  etc..., the colour scheme is so good, really brings back those times.

Thanks Matti

1 hour ago, Liizio said:

Not a straightforward build, but your progress looks great! I like how you made that gradient paint. Very cool and unique subject too!

Thanks Liizio, none of my builds end up straight forward.

Haven't checked in for a while. Your build is really, really looking good. Like how you replicated the "mod" 80's paint scheme, how could you not like it? The camper top came out perfect! Will be nice to see it all assembled.  I'm sure Mr. Fox would be honored.  

On 10/6/2021 at 12:45 AM, von Race said:

Haven't checked in for a while. Your build is really, really looking good. Like how you replicated the "mod" 80's paint scheme, how could you not like it? The camper top came out perfect! Will be nice to see it all assembled.  I'm sure Mr. Fox would be honored.  

Thanks, yes it is a paint scheme of days gone by, even new vans wouldn't look good in it. I could only hope Terry would like it.

8 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

What a cracking job, this is a wonderful conversation and is very innovative.  The bodywork and roof looks great and so does the paint too.  I think Terry would definitely approve of what you have created.

Great work. 

Chris

Thanks Chris.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2021 at 2:15 AM, Pete in Lincs said:

I just did a catch up on this. What a great result for the body and paint. 

thanks Pete

On 10/8/2021 at 6:08 PM, matti64 said:

something I just found  that might be of  some interest...https://www.facebook.com/julianalepinesculptures/videos/297362111452087

I can't see the FB page since I don't have fb.

• Like 1

I have to work tonight but here's two pictures. I made my own decals but can't do white. I printed the items that need to be white on labelpaper. It looks not bad when done. The sheet on the left didn't turn out good but was good for a few parts. The whitewalls on the tires is done using label paper. Here's a video I found with the idea and it works quite good. The hardest part is centering up the white wall. I finally used the circle cutter you gave me. Just can't find blades for it.   I didn't go to extreme on measuring like in the video, mostly used my calibrated eyeball.

DSC-3811.jpg

DSC-3823.jpg

• Like 6

On 10/13/2021 at 6:38 PM, busnproplinerfan said:

thanks Pete

I can't see the FB page since I don't have fb.

Sorry , I've found the direct link; its a youtube video of  sculping a figure of Terry Fox by the Brazilian sculptress Juliana Lepine 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, matti64 said:

Sorry , I've found the direct link; its a youtube video of  sculping a figure of Terry Fox by the Brazilian sculptress Juliana Lepine 

That's amazing.