Macchi MC.205 Veltro - Italeri - 1/48

• 9 months later...
16 hours ago, Milos Gazdic said:

Cao Nenade,
Sjajan Veltro!
Did you apply the smoke ring decals in one go? or each ring separately?
I got this boxing of Italeri's 205 just so I can try these smoke rings...
Best
Milos

Hvala Milose,

Each ring was applied separately. It was a bit tedious, but also relaxing in a strange way :)

Being mostly AFV modeler, I don't have a chance to work a lot with decals, so this was definitely a chance to do some practice.

Cheers,

Nenad

• Like 2

I Nenad , 

For a third kit , you really did well !! I agree with you, these " smoke rings" on Italians fighters aircrafts are really hard to handle on models, only a very small bunch of modelers can do that in a convincing way.For me doing only 1:72 th scale , it's beyond my painting skills ..😁. Thus, let me give you big incentive to go on with modeling  !! 

Have a nice day !  cheers !

Ćao!
Amazing that you've applied them one by one! Sounds scary :)) if you ask me. It is amazing if they didn't show the carrier film & all and if they went into all panel lines well... which makes them sound like amazing decals!
I recently bought the kit & will for sure give it a try in near future

That looks amazing, I have smoke ring decals but have never used them as my sucess rate with decals is very poor but yours turned out great.

Cheers

Dennis

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2022 at 4:42 PM, Milos Gazdic said:

Ćao!
Amazing that you've applied them one by one! Sounds scary :)) if you ask me. It is amazing if they didn't show the carrier film & all and if they went into all panel lines well... which makes them sound like amazing decals!
I recently bought the kit & will for sure give it a try in near future

As I remember, carrier film was quite thin. They were not like those Japanese (Tamiya and such) decals, more like those printed by Cartograf. Overall, they were quite nice to work with, just apply a lot of Micro Sol wherever the surface is not perfectly flat.

Nenad

• Like 1

che bel lavoro su questo MC-205,

mi è piaciuta molto la verniciatura, gli anelli verde scuro e la tua cura nel rendere sottilissimi i fili dell'antenna. Ho usato filati di lana sintetica perché hanno una buona elasticità e sono ben tesi e resistenti.

lavoro eccellente.

SouthViper from Brazile

• 1 month later...

Zdravo Nenade,

It is way better with thin aerials! You did great-looking Veltro! :clap:

@Milos Gazdic Luckily the best part of italeri is quality of their decals (not design)! 

Veliki pozdrav za obojicu!

Bojan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1