A chip off the old Bloch

planecrazee

Hi folks,

When I saw that the French Fancy GB was coming up I knew exactly which kit I was going to build.  It had been in my stash a while and as usual when a GB comes along with the right subject - then it's a done deal as to kit choice.

My kit of choice is the RS Models Bloch MB-152 and from what I've seen of it so far it appears to be a very nice little kit.  There's plenty of detail, nicely moulded parts and even includes a couple of resin parts - in particular a resin engine which will really add to the detail.

So here's the obligatory box art shot:

DSC01082

DSC01083

Some nice schemes on offer - obviously the Vichy French red and yellow is particularly eye catching but as I've never built a French aircraft to date (and the camouflage is eye catching in it's own right) and then I'd have to mask those red and yellow lines to paint, I've opted to go with this scheme:

DSC01085 (2)

There's only 2 sprues in the kit - not a heavy part count but as I mentioned earlier the parts are nicely detailed and moulded and there's the addition of the resin parts too:

DSC01089

DSC01091

DSC01092

Lastly, there's just the canopy which again appears to be nicely moulded and nice and clear as well as the decals which again - can't complain just looking at them but we'll see later on in the build how they perform:

DSC01094

DSC01087

Hopefully, I'll be able to make a start on her very soon - before then I need to get my build finished for the Unarmed GB as well as push on with my build for the Bf 109 STGB - so plenty to be getting on with.

Again there's already some fantastic builds going on for this GB - I've got my eye on @fatfingers Tamiya 1/35 Somua S35 which is one of my favourites in the armour world so looking forward to seeing that completed and then no doubt being the impetus for me to finally get it in my stash too :whistle:

So until then - 'Bonne chance mes amis et Au revoir' :bye:

Kris 

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like a really nice kit.

I did a Vichy Potez recently and instead of masking I painted the background yellow and used red decal stripes, they worked really well, just a tip for next time.

Best of luck with this one. 

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

And we're off....

Hi folks, hope everyone is keeping well.

Finally getting round to posting an update on the Bloch.  I've been busy with all the cockpit parts which are all now complete and just ready to all be brought together when the fuselage halves are closed up.

Here's some pics of where we stand as of today:

DSC00013

DSC00011

DSC00021

DSC00024

DSC00017

I've scratched up some seatbelts from a mixture of Tamiya tape and a couple of pillaged bits of PE - they aren't 100% accurate by any means but at least look better than an empty seat.

The instrument panel has been hand painted as there aren't any decals in the kit.  The instrument panel had some nice raised detail so it lent itself to be being hand painted anyway.

All the cockpit parts were painted with Ammo by Mig's Intermediate Blue (A.MIG-0228) then gloss coated and then given a wash with oils.  A flat coat then followed to finish the parts off.

So next job is to get everything brought together by buttoning up the fuselage so hope to have another update for you soon :thumbsup:

Best wishes

Kris

• Like 6