Jump to content

Lukgraph Hawker Nimrod MK I 1/32 scale resin kit


Recommended Posts

Before I opened this I just saw "Nimrod". In my ignorance I was a bit surprised - a 1/32 maritime patrol plane - must be a massive kit!

Beautiful Hawker Nimrod; great modelling, fabulous detail.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ha! I made the same mistake - I had a vision of the wings sticking out of the front & back doors of your house!

 

Despite that the actual model is beautiful, a real showpiece you should be proud of. I wish someone would release this in 1/32 plastic, I go cold at the thought of so much resin!

 

Regards 

 

JA.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

she looks really nice, I've one of their 1/32 DH-89 Dragon Rapide's, my favourite aircraft, patiently waiting to be built so I'll be looking up your build log to see the type of challenge I'm in for.

 

you've built a very impressive aircraft, I especially like the leather cockpit trim, was that scratch built?

 

rgds

John(shortCummins) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is outstanding - wonderful detail and rigging! Great photos, too. I can see all the black colour that you dropped around the model... 😀

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lightpainter said:

So here it is, hope you like it. 

Like it? I love it! 

 

Richie

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Superb! I have the 1/48th scale version I'm itching to have a go at and I'll be well pleased if mine turns out just half as nice as yours. Excellent, well done.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, echen said:

Before I opened this I just saw "Nimrod". In my ignorance I was a bit surprised - a 1/32 maritime patrol plane - must be a massive kit!

Beautiful Hawker Nimrod; great modelling, fabulous detail.

Yes I can see how that could happen, many people do not even know the Nimrod biplane 😄 thanks for your nice words!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is really breathtaking! Museums quality at it’s best!  
top photography too with the black contrast.

 

Andy 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, johnny akes said:

Ha! I made the same mistake - I had a vision of the wings sticking out of the front & back doors of your house!

 

Despite that the actual model is beautiful, a real showpiece you should be proud of. I wish someone would release this in 1/32 plastic, I go cold at the thought of so much resin!

 

Regards 

 

JA.

Haha now that is funny 😆 

thank you for your kind words! A plastic kit would be easier to build that is true!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shortCummins said:

she looks really nice, I've one of their 1/32 DH-89 Dragon Rapide's, my favourite aircraft, patiently waiting to be built so I'll be looking up your build log to see the type of challenge I'm in for.

 

you've built a very impressive aircraft, I especially like the leather cockpit trim, was that scratch built?

 

rgds

John(shortCummins) 

Thank you for your nice words! I actually provided the walkaround photographs for the development of the Nimrod and also for the Dragon Rapide. I have the Dragon in my stash too but have not yet decided what kit to start next. The leather trim is moulded in the kit, you only need to paint it leather 😀

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Toryu said:

That is outstanding - wonderful detail and rigging! Great photos, too. I can see all the black colour that you dropped around the model... 😀

Thank you and you have a very good eye for spotting that black colour 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, keithjs said:

Superb! I have the 1/48th scale version I'm itching to have a go at and I'll be well pleased if mine turns out just half as nice as yours. Excellent, well done.

Thanks for your kind words. So please go ahead and build it! I have not seen a lot of 1/48 versions build so yours will be one of the first.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You have pushed the limits of realism... There was a large benefit from side of the quality of the kit of course, but this was just a staring point.

Congrats

J-W

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Lightpainter said:

this was my first 1/32 scale kit in decades and a resin biplane at that what was I thinking

Crikey, a brave move, what a cracking model of a lovely looking aircraft. Great work,  loved following the build and will certainly use when I do mine too.

Thanks for sharing it. Certainly glad that none of the spilt ink landed on your model,  phew.

 

Chris

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

This is really breathtaking! Museums quality at it’s best!  
top photography too with the black contrast.

 

Andy 

Thank you glad you like it! And yes photography is my other passion 😅

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...