Cessna Skymaster O2 ICM 1/48

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngA small teaser of one of my latest finished models. The kit is really nice, except the very weak main gear. I used a little wire to strengthen it. The decals are very thin and needs only a very short dip into the water!!! Thx to ICM for the very good support to sent me spare parts. 
spacer.png

• Like 61

14 minutes ago, Andy Dyck said:

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngA small teaser of one of my latest finished models. The kit is really nice, except the very weak main gear. I used a little wire to strengthen it. The decals are very thin and needs only a very short dip into the water!!! Thx to ICM for the very good support to sent me spare parts. 
spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

Hi Andy,

just like the real thing. Absolutely amazing!

Congratulations.

JR

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Great build and the diorama really sets it off. Interesting about the landing gear.  The old Testors kit had the same problem.  I have the ICM kit, so will watch out for that issue

Thank you very much Greg!  There is a conversion kit out . Brass undercarriage from Aerocraft models. I think that’s a good choice. I was really disappointed with that one from the kit. 

Andy 

• Thanks 1

Thx Bertie,

you are 100 % right. It is a little bit low for that one. But I „borrowed „ it from my diorama „Low level hell“ with a OH-6 Loach. You can see a little video of it on YouTube or somewhere here in my topics. And this revetment was build from original B/w photographs. So hope you don’t mind that the Cessna crew took it

Cheers

Andy