RAF Phantom Sparrow/Skyflash

Anthony in NZ

Hi all

Some of you here may be aware I am building a 43Sqn RAF Phantom FG.1 in 32nd scale here on BM.

A question I have is I am looking at loadouts and options for stores.  Eduard do a couple of AIM-7 Sparrow variants (AIM-7E & M)and I was wondering what might be the closest version I use and externally what were the differences to the Skyflash? I suspect I need to get the 'E' as the 'M' seems to have the smaller tailfins.  Then if I do Skyflash, what do I need to modify?  Or there is no point as they are externally practically identical? I am talking mid/late 80's usage.

I may paint them up as Drill rounds or I might possibly even do the ballast 'shapes' which means it dosent matter either.

Just want to get it right depending on what way I go etc. 

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers

Anthony

21 hours ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Hi all

Some of you here may be aware I am building a 43Sqn RAF Phantom FG.1 in 32nd scale here on BM.

A question I have is I am looking at loadouts and options for stores.  Eduard do a couple of AIM-7 Sparrow variants (AIM-7E & M)and I was wondering what might be the closest version I use and externally what were the differences to the Skyflash? I suspect I need to get the 'E' as the 'M' seems to have the smaller tailfins.  Then if I do Skyflash, what do I need to modify?  Or there is no point as they are externally practically identical? I am talking mid/late 80's usage.

I may paint them up as Drill rounds or I might possibly even do the ballast 'shapes' which means it dosent matter either.

Just want to get it right depending on what way I go etc. 

Any advice would be hugely appreciated.

Cheers

Anthony

Google "Britmodeller Skyflash" and you will get about 10 different threads  about this missile. Skyflash was derived from the AIM7E  by the way.

Selwyn

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Thanks guys, really appreciate your feedback. Will do some searching.

Should have realized a subject like this would have be talked about many times…

Off for a search, thanks again gents!

Anthony

If you still have questions after  your search please come back to me.

Selwyn