1/72 Fokker Dr.1 Triplane #9 and #10

Added two new builds to my collection of colorful triplanes in 1/72:

#9 is an Eduard kit in the markings for Hans Pippart of Jasta 19.   I cut the masks for the yellow dots on my Cameo4 cutter.

#10 is the (newer) Revell kit, as Bruno Loerzer’s plane from JG III.  This one is a personal milestone for me- no decals!  All the markings were masked and painted.  I’ve been learning to use the Cameo4 to make masks, for some of my earlier build, but this is the first to use only home made masks for all the markings…

spacer.png

Here’s all ten.  #9 is the black one with the yellow dots.  The first eight have been posted here before…

spacer.png

Edited by RC Boater Bill
  • Like 23

No doubting you like the Fokker Triplane!

Excellent build and a lovely (colourful) collection

Regards

Dave

Such a wonderful collection! You really chose a colorful subject for this journey. Everyone is beautifully built.

What a sight they would be hanging from the ceiling on fishing line as as a mobile. Or on an airfield diorama. They are as beautiful as butterflies. Well done. 

What a brilliant aircraft (and scale) to concentrate on; the whole circus would fit in a handbag.

5 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

What a sight they would be hanging from the ceiling on fishing line as as a mobile. Or on an airfield diorama. They are as beautiful as butterflies. Well done. 

What a brilliant aircraft (and scale) to concentrate on; the whole circus would fit in a handbag.

That’s why I build them all with pilots….    Here’s a (poor) shot of my current mobile…

spacer.png

• Like 5

That's an excellent a collection!  :clap2: Particularly the mobile!!!

And congrats on mastering the cutter. It's quite a useful tool. 

I've used my Portrait to score plastic sheet to construct plate parts, such as the Mark 21 mounts on my LCM-3. Your device might be able to directly cut those parts.

• Like 1