Toko 1/72 Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter A5967 2 Sqn AFC

G'Day All,

okay, its technically not a RAAF aircraft, however, this aircraft served with the Australian Flying Corps (AFC) during WWI.

The AFC become the RAAF in 1921.

So, here is the Toko 1/72 Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter marked up as A5967 from 2 Sqn AFC.

According to the Australian War Memorial (https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/H12729%3A33), this aircraft flew in France, during WWI.

spacer.png

The kit is built straight out of the box.  I didn't rig the model, as I wanted an easy build, since this is one of several bi-planes I built at the same time.

The model was painted with Gunze and Vallejo acrylics and Humbrol Enamels.

Decals are a mixture of kit decals and number decal from a stenciling set.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by cobraleader
  • Like 21

Did you have any difficulty installing the upper wing? Those "W" parts in the kit are really wimpy feeling and I was wondering if you had any problems.

13 hours ago, spejic said:

Did you have any difficulty installing the upper wing? Those "W" parts in the kit are really wimpy feeling and I was wondering if you had any problems.

yeah, there were some fit issues with them.  They were also fragile

• Thanks 1

Very nice!   That tail-on view shows you got it all perfectly aligned!  (That can be a real challenge with this kit!). 

I also really like the subtle shading you did on the wings— how was that accomplished?