Hello gang,

I always wanted to have an old school looking U-2 in my case so here is my attempt. Plenty has been said about the inaccuracies of the kit so no need to get into that. I was able to get the cutting Edge cockpit to fit. Paints were Alclad and decals by Cutting Edge. My Fuji camera started to go bad during this shoot, so sorry for the not so great photos.

Internet 1 U2 Internet 4 U2 Internet 2 U2 Internet 3 U2 Internet 6 U2 Internet 5 U2 Internet 8 U2 Internet 7 U2

Thanks for looking.

Rod

• Like 57
  • Thanks 2

Excellent fit and finish! :clap2:

I think the photos are good! I initially thought the 1st was a reference photo.

I'm curious what your good photos would have looked like...

• Like 2

What's the scale and manufacturer please?

Photography excellent of course. It hardly needs saying now that I've seen so many of your models here. You are consistently brilliant at that. Do you enjoy the photographing more than the build?

6 hours ago, Bertie Psmith said:

What's the scale and manufacturer please?

Photography excellent of course. It hardly needs saying now that I've seen so many of your models here. You are consistently brilliant at that. Do you enjoy the photographing more than the build?

Hello Bertie,

it's 1/48 AFV Club kit.  As far as do I like taking the pics more than the build...its just the end of build for me and it show's me how I did in my quest for scale effect. Thanks for your comment.

Rod

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dr. Quack said:

Phenomenally good build shown off by magnificent photography - genuinely looks like the real thing.

Definitely true. Very fine modeling there.

Wow 

Like everyone else I thought it was the real thing!

Brilliant build and photography

Were the photos taken outside under natural light conditions?....just wondering as that's how it appears to my eye

Cheers

Bruce

Hi Rod,

that’s really the Royal discipline in modeling and photography. You know I like that too and appreciate these perfect pic’s. How do you arrange the depth of field ? Really amazing to see the sharp background even it is no backdrop picture, but a natural light photo. It looks really 100% realistic.

Hope to start with some natural light photographs too one day.

Thx for sharing 

Andy 

Are you sure that's not a real U-2? I had to look at each photo a couple of times to make sure. Not only did you get one of the most realistic bare metal finishes I have ever seen, your photography skills are pretty darned good, as well! Awesome job, sir! :worthy:

Mike