You choose for me ?

Specialbranch

I have been on BM for many years, I have loved the work that so many of you have done.....That is why i trust my fellow modellers to make a choice for me.

In my stash I have the Revell 48th GR4 and F3, also the Luftwaffe Test and Evaluation bird. I also have a good old Gloster Gladiator, the old Revell Blackwidow and the ever perfect Spitfire Mk5 all in 48th.

I have Helicopters, Props, Jets, I even have a bllod long 72nd Concorde and a 72nd Saturn V.

So my friends I ask as a humble model makers what aircraft shall I build, if one in the list doesnt sound good then suggest one mmodel and if ihave it then Ishall do it.

I need a challenge, I need your inspiration boys and girls.......

Thank you in adavance...... 913-274 Inspector, Special Branch, Moulded Plastics Division.

My vote is the 72nd scale Concorde it will be a challenge if you're looking one from a fit point of view and it'll be an Impressive model if you put time into it, I say as I've seen a few made up and often they look like toys but some look the part you could probably go to town with detail as if my memory serves me right I think there's an interior. I tried and failed with it and mine ended up in the bin!

Edited by Deano353

@Specialbranch  You don't mention a few critical things such as your skill level and the space you have both to model and store the finished item.

Looking at your only posts (all in 2015) you say the Sea King is a favourite of yours - unless you have already built one go for that.

10 hours ago, Paul821 said:

@Specialbranch  You don't mention a few critical things such as your skill level and the space you have both to model and store the finished item.

Looking at your only posts (all in 2015) you say the Sea King is a favourite of yours - unless you have already built one go for that.

You are spot on SeaKing is one of my most enjoyable kits and helicopters,  in my stash i do have four of them 2 RAFRescue and 2 RMJunglies also have a German SAR version from the new release Revell SAR double kit, if anyone would like the boat let me know- comes complete with an already plumed in drive shaft for the brass prop and the markings and drawings of the bow thruster that was going to be placed into it by a chap who sadly died of Cancer this year.

Well chaps so far its between the SaturnV and the Concorde..... the final decsion will be made at 8pm this Friday.....so please keep them comming or even suggest one that isnt in the list and if I have it and it gets enough votes then its a winner.

Thank you all....I look forward to the end result.

• Like 1

One that's not mentioned I would recommend as you say you need a challenge it's Revells 1/144 Space Shuttle with Boosters. If ever there was a kit that did not want to go together it's that lol. I made it and pretty sure about 60% of the weight is filler but it's totally worth the effort it's a really good looking model once finished I used Warbird decals for the tiles on mine I'd recommend those for the kit of you're inclined to do a shuttle.spacer.png

The kitchen roll gives you an idea of the size.

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2021 at 7:10 PM, Deano353 said:

One that's not mentioned I would recommend as you say you need a challenge it's Revells 1/144 Space Shuttle with Boosters. If ever there was a kit that did not want to go together it's that lol. I made it and pretty sure about 60% of the weight is filler but it's totally worth the effort it's a really good looking model once finished I used Warbird decals for the tiles on mine I'd recommend those for the kit of you're inclined to do a shuttle.spacer.png

The kitchen roll gives you an idea of the size.

Well i love your build i think ts fantastic and a credit to your talent, I do have this kit...it comes with the Launch pad facility from the Revell kit. I measured up the dimensions and i would need one hell of an area to display the shuttle and the launch tower. It has crossed my mind a few times to sell the kit and let someone else have the joy of a fantastic build and display, I just dont know about letting her go, price would need to be right and I also think the buyer has to be right aswell. I say this because the kit is rare, its a difficult build ( built 2 before) and it takes up alot of time and patience. A newbie may have the nack to build a good spitfire or hawk but this kit is for the big boys.

• Like 1

i cant choose.....  

So to qualify the build a vote of 8 or more will pass the vote and make the winner.

We also have a new  list to choose form:

72nd scale,

Sea King

HH60

Chinook, Spec Ops

Merlin

Concord

Ardvark EF

Hawk T1

Hawk T2

Typhoon T2

Tornado IDS

Avro Shack

All of the V bombers

DH Sea Vixen

DH Sea Venom.

48th scale, 

Spitfire Mk 16 (ICM)

BF109 (ICM)

Spit Mk 5

Meteor

Gnat

Tornado GR1-4

Tornado F3

Tornado IDS

MiG25

F15

F16

F14

DH Sea Vixen

8 votes gets the win, any ties then i will pick and independent to choose,

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Specialbranch said:

Well i love your build i think ts fantastic and a credit to your talent, I do have this kit...it comes with the Launch pad facility from the Revell kit. I measured up the dimensions and i would need one hell of an area to display the shuttle and the launch tower. It has crossed my mind a few times to sell the kit and let someone else have the joy of a fantastic build and display, I just dont know about letting her go, price would need to be right and I also think the buyer has to be right aswell. I say this because the kit is rare, its a difficult build ( built 2 before) and it takes up alot of time and patience. A newbie may have the nack to build a good spitfire or hawk but this kit is for the big boys.

Yeah the shuttle and launch facility looks great revell do make some great kits youd never think about I'm sure they did a model of a power station in the past.