Zetor 15 "Czechoslovak Tractor" (MV127) 1:72 Planet Models by Special Hobby

Julien

Zetor 15 "Czechoslovak Tractor" (MV127)

1:72 Planet Models by Special Hobby

spacer.png

Following WWII industrial plants worldwide turned in some cases to making civilian vehicles. The Zetor 15 was the first farm tractor to be produced at Zbrojovka plant in Brno after WW2. The Zetors were delivered both to civil users and the military, in Czechoslovakia and abroad as well. The Czechoslovak army for example used Zetor 15 tractors for towing the military aircraft such as the MiG15 on airfields. Amongst many unique features to be brought into tractor manufacturing they unitised parts across the range and introduced the first roll over protected cab for a tractor.  The company is still in existence to this day and still making tractors after UTC Holding rescued the then failing State owned company from bankruptcy in 2002.

The Kit

This is a new tool kit for 2021 from Planet Models, part of the Special Hobby group of companies. It is a resin kit with a number of small parts which will need careful handling in their removal from the casting blocks. There is also a small PE Fret and a small decal sheet.  A small  length of wire (not included) will also be needed to finish the model.  The main chassis is a single part to which the seat and controls are added along with the cooling fan on the front the exhaust. The engine cover/fuel and oil tanks is added to the radiator and all of this is added to the front of the tractor. The front steering axle is then built followed by the rear frame.  The large rear mud guards go on and then the wheels. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

Markings

There are two different styles of factory markings on the small decal sheet.

spacer.png

Conclusion

This will probably be used by most modellers for an aircraft diorama, but it will make a good stand alone build for anyone who likes tractors. Recommended.

bin.jpg

Review sample courtesy of

logo.gif

• Like 2

That's interesting and, as you say, could be used in a dio or as a standalone display.  I wonder if they will produce attachments for it, such as a trailed plough?  Their catalogue shows a trailer for the military version but how about the civil version?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any photos of this tractor towing jets? This would be very interesting as it would allow us to find out how the tow, was connected to the tractor and the amount of wear these machines had.

• 9 months later...
On 08/08/2021 at 08:26, sandros said:

Are there any photos of this tractor towing jets? This would be very interesting as it would allow us to find out how the tow, was connected to the tractor and the amount of wear these machines had.

They have now done a military version with a 3D printed tow bar.  Review to follow;

EF771E33-27B4-479C-9FDD-ED814E13DB67_mv1

On 26/07/2021 at 19:22, bootneck said:

That's interesting and, as you say, could be used in a dio or as a standalone display.  I wonder if they will produce attachments for it, such as a trailed plough?  Their catalogue shows a trailer for the military version but how about the civil version?

Mike

Dont know about that but a new agricultural version is planned

6F4149E4-57E8-4792-81A5-03EE95A69062_mv1

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, just received the MV128 Last week.I think it is a great attribute in a diorama, love those trucks, machine, trolleys and bomb lifts to go along the 1:72 aircraft. Looks much better. Now we need the crew to go along...

Grz Wooz

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wooz said:

Hi all, just received the MV128 Last week.I think it is a great attribute in a diorama, love those trucks, machine, trolleys and bomb lifts to go along the 1:72 aircraft. Looks much better. Now we need the crew to go along...

Grz Wooz

I rather like that 129, I'm putting it on the wishlist. Where did you get yours? 

Welcome to the forums, by the way!

• 3 weeks later...