Monogram 1/48 B-26B Marauder 'Valkyrie' 344 BG

1 hour ago, spruecutter said:

Would I build another 1/48 Marauder? Definitely, as it is one of my favourite aircraft but only if ICM were to bring one out 😀

Cheers

Richard C

i like how you think.

I can appreciate just how much work you had to go thorough in order to get here. I have a Monogram B-26 well along in construction, but it just sucked all of the energy out of me. Mainly with respect to the cowlings, carburettor intakes , and getting the assemblies to play nice with the nacelles. Then there's all of that re-scribing to be done.

I thought about makimg a Navy JM out of it, but the deeper into the research phase i got, the more work i realized i was in for.

Regards the tail i think i'm gonna saw off the vertical fin and incorporate some kind of spreader bar so the fuselage-stabilizer fillet intersection requires less cleanup work.

At any rate, its a beautiful model. Well-rendered Monogram Marauders are a rare thing.

-d-

• Like 1

Looks wonderful! Great job on the old (Monogram) girl. Mine is from 2000 (here), and I didn't spend enough time on the cowlings. I admire what you've done there.

• Like 1

For all the hassles the kit gave you, the end result is just wonderful. Perhaps the Monogram B-26 Marauder and their P-61 Black Widow were designed by the same people? I'm working on the P-61 now and it's not proving to be fun.

• Like 1

A truly excellent result Richard.

Having also had the pleasure of seeing this in the flesh I can honestly say it is the best 1/48 Marauder I have seen. All the hard work you put in (especially in the tail area) really has paid off as when you look at the model you can't see any areas that look like they have been worked on.

You got the painting and weathering spot on and the painted on markings look great.

Very well done mate and I will be right behind you in the queue for an ICM kit (or two) when they decide to release one.

• Like 1

I just hope that If ICM does a B-26, that they kick things off with an early, short-winged one. People kinda, sorta know about the B-26 at Midway, but its combat debut in the SWPA is virtually unknown here.

-d-

• Like 1

Totally excellent Marauder!

I well revisit your pics to inspire me when I take on my Hasegawa 1/72 kit!

The nose art on your build is especially cool.

:clap2::clap2:

• Like 1

I have one of these, and periodically take it out of the box to looks at. And back it goes, I love the Marauder but can't face what looks like a long haul to get it built. You have achieved an outstanding result, I'm interested in your painting technique and might give it a go, the result is fabulous. 

Cheers

John

• Like 1

That’s really a piece of Art Sir. Riveting, rescribing, and all these lot of works! Fantastic. The Royal discipline in modeling. What a bird! 
Thx for sharing,  This is really good motivation!

Cheers

Andy 

Thanks everyone for the positive feedback. The Monogram kit can be made into a decent model - but it does require a lot of work.

On 7/26/2021 at 7:05 PM, Toryu said:

Looks wonderful! Great job on the old (Monogram) girl. Mine is from 2000 (here), and I didn't spend enough time on the cowlings. I admire what you've done there.

Michael, you made a lovely job of your Marauder.

On 7/26/2021 at 7:23 PM, SAT69 said:

For all the hassles the kit gave you, the end result is just wonderful. Perhaps the Monogram B-26 Marauder and their P-61 Black Widow were designed by the same people? I'm working on the P-61 now and it's not proving to be fun.

SAT69 - I hope that you can stay the course! 

On 7/27/2021 at 8:17 AM, Viking said:

I have one of these, and periodically take it out of the box to looks at. And back it goes, I love the Marauder but can't face what looks like a long haul to get it built. You have achieved an outstanding result, I'm interested in your painting technique and might give it a go, the result is fabulous. 

Cheers

John

It's definitely a long haul, Viking. I also used it as a test bed to try out new techniques. I am more ready to experiment on a cheap kit as opposed to risking a new approach on the latest Tamiya £100+ creation.

On 7/26/2021 at 9:52 PM, modelling minion said:

A truly excellent result Richard.

Having also had the pleasure of seeing this in the flesh I can honestly say it is the best 1/48 Marauder I have seen. All the hard work you put in (especially in the tail area) really has paid off as when you look at the model you can't see any areas that look like they have been worked on.

You got the painting and weathering spot on and the painted on markings look great.

Very well done mate and I will be right behind you in the queue for an ICM kit (or two) when they decide to release one.

Thanks Craig! And looking forward to your ESCI version joining mine on the display table when the model shows start up again.

On 7/26/2021 at 6:08 PM, Red Dot said:

Having seen this in the flesh, it is a beautiful model Richard. Superb execution, and I love the dusty tyres 😉

Andy

Top tip, Andy! Eyes like a hawk. 

• Like 1